Author Topic: lightseeker vs 4200  (Read 450 times)

Offline kudzu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • (Dancoman)
lightseeker vs 4200
« on: May 19, 2005, 01:05:47 AM »
Can buy the pentax lightseeker and the 4200 elite, both 4x16x50, at the same price. which is the better buy and how do these two scopes compare. thanks, DM

Offline Dave in WV

lightseeker vs 4200
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 03:00:46 AM »
I only have experience with my one Pentax scope and it's a 2x8 Lightseeker. I like it and have had only good comments about it. It is clear and bright. A lightseeker is about the same scope as a Burris Signature series scope. Both are made by Burris however Pentax is rumored to supply the glass for their scopes. I have a 1.5x6 Burris Signature and IMHO the Pentax and Burris scopes are equal. I have no personal experience with an Elite series scope but I've never heard a bad thing about them other than they are longer (not a bad thing IMHO) and heavier than the competition. PM or call Jon at The Optic Zone for info on the Bushnell Elites. He has the best prices on Nikons so you may want to ask about them too.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline Zachary

lightseeker vs 4200
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 06:12:27 AM »
I have little experience with the Pentax lightseeker, but I have a lot of experience with the Elite 4200, especially the 4x-16x-50mm AO since I own a couple.

This elite is just that - elite.  I have one mounted on a 7mm Rem ULTRA mag and it has performed flawlessly - excellent tracking and holding zero - and excellent optics.  Again, I don't know much about the Lightseeker, but you would be VERY happy with the Elite 4200 4x-16x-50mm AO.

Zachary