Author Topic: Last Day Turkey:  (Read 359 times)

Offline Duce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Last Day Turkey:
« on: May 17, 2005, 02:00:02 PM »
Fellas: One of the pleasures I get is logging in and seeing what's going on with youin's.  Generally don't have the time to post, between Church, band, and work, sometimes feel busier than a bulls tail in fly time. The old amputee and butt kicking contest joke, doesn't seem as funny, with our young men and women in harms way. Decided to take time tonight, had a little good luck Sunday.  It was the last day of Indiana Turkey season, I hated to miss Church, but as I often explain I attended another Church that day. In the old forum I posted pictures of a couple of my turkeys, sad to say it was pointed out, and I don't deny that it was an 1100 in those pictures. Hope this makes up for that. It had a 12" beard ands 25m/m spurs. This time it was a  Pardener with a 28" barrel with a Mad choke tube, and sight off of a Tracker II added. Have A Goodun:  :D <>< Duce:
What ever you'll put up with, is exactly what you'll get!!!!!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Last Day Turkey:
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 03:13:20 PM »
Duce that's a fine lookin bird and gun.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline snakeman

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Last Day Turkey:
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 03:28:35 PM »
That is a nice bird. I am jealous. I didn't have the time to do ant turkey hunting this year.

snakeman

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Last Day Turkey:
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 04:01:48 PM »
Congratulations Duce!

Our birds are still henned up and they aint talkin' either. :cry:  I still have a couple o' weeks to git'r'dun. The danged skeeters have hatched and I usually have my bird by this time. I have taken a bird or two or three every year since I started huntin' turkeys in both Michigan and Missouri, but this year has got to be the tuffest year yet. I haven't been to Missouri since '99, but sure do miss it. I did find one big white morel mushroom today, a 6" tall one and couldn't find another. Had to split it with my daughter this evening. Guess I better git out there in the morning, 'for I get skunked.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member