Author Topic: ASTRA INFO  (Read 659 times)

Offline lisa1lacy2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
ASTRA INFO
« on: April 23, 2005, 05:47:51 AM »
I have a ASTRA 32acp IT looks like a colt copy I think and I was told it was a german military sidearm in ww2 it looks like german wrighting on the safety it says feu and sur.
any info on this gun and is it worth any thing :D
Brian Milner

:blaster:
my idea of gun control is a firm grip.

Offline Savage

ASTRA INFO
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 02:48:38 PM »
Guess anything is possible. The Astra is a Spanish manufactured pistol. The Germans were involved in the Spanish civil war in the 1930s. They pretty much used the war to test their war machines, especially aircraft. Spain did extend limited assistance to the axis powers durring the early days of WW2. Who knows?  In German "feuer" means "fire" and "sicher" means "safe". The markings are French, with "Feu" meaning "fire" and "sur" meaning "on". Maybe some frenchman gave it up to a German-------
Savage
Oooooops, forgot the question! The Astras are reasonably well made pistols, with the exception of some that were of questionable metalurgy in the early manufacturing process. It's not likely worth more than a hundred bucks or so to someone who collects. If it is in sound condition, it should be an "ok" shooter.
Hope this helps!
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline lisa1lacy2

• Avid Poster
ASTRA INFO
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 02:32:37 AM »
Thanks savage for thi info :D
Brian Milner

:blaster:
my idea of gun control is a firm grip.

Offline 1911crazy

ASTRA INFO
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 04:12:12 AM »
I have an Astra 600/43 in 9mm  It was given to me by my uncle who was in WW2.  It was a war bring back i was told and while its not German marked some of these weren't marked because of the time factor.  They were needed so bad there wasn't time to mark them.  I see the prices hitting between $300 to $450 on these ww2 pistols.  The prices on the Tokarev's and other pistols have jumped overnite too.   Lets say i purchased 3 tokarev's one day for $375 and 6 months later i see the prices on the net pushing towards $400 each.  I never expect the prices to go up that fast.  There's more to add to the collector value too its condition and wether its import marked too.  Some tokarev's had safety levers and some didn't but i'm not sure what the differences on Astra's are but maybe a search will turn up something.  I would check the gun sites on the net and try to see what their selling for that should give you an idea and a ballpark figure too.  I like to take all the different prices to figure a average fair price range.                                                                BigBill

Offline rockbilly

ASTRA INFO
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 08:41:22 AM »
:( Bigbill, I remember when you could buy an Astra 400 or Astra 600 for 20-25 bucks.  I lived in Spain for several years, while there I had the opportunity to visit a government (Spanish) run facility that held  firearms until they could be destroyed, there must have been thousands of them there.  As an ineternational registered competive pistol shooter I could nave bought "ONE", but passed it up.  Sad mistake.

You are right on the prices going up overnight, look at the Makarov.  Just a few years ago they could be bought for 75-80 bucks.  Today they are going for a buck and a quarter or more.  I recently seen a Russian model at a gun show listed at 350.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a large warehouse and plenty of bucks to buy and store and see what happens?

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
ASTRA INFO
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 01:55:43 PM »
If i remember right , astra tryed to make a comeback in the late 70,s with copies of the j&k frame smith and wessons , but never did very well
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped