Author Topic: Moly-Fusion????  (Read 557 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Moly-Fusion????
« on: May 18, 2005, 02:31:16 PM »
Anyone use Moly-Fusion in their centerfire bores? I've use it in all of my 17hmrs and really like it and lots of rimfire shooters swear by it at RFC.

http://www.shootersolutions.com/molyfusion1.html
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Moly-Fusion????
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 08:03:31 PM »
Quick:

Is it as easy to apply as they say...and does it work as good as the testimonials???

Anything that saves me on my cleaning procedures is worth a look if I know it works...how easy is it to clean the rifles you've applied it to...and have you noticed any increase in accuracy or velocity with it applied??? Have you shot enough to have to reapply any of it yet?

Thanks

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Moly-Fusion????
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 08:23:12 PM »
Haven't shot enough to reapply, having it in 3 of my 17hmrs, 2 Marlins and a CZ452 American, has a lot to do with that, though! It's easy to apply, the secret is to have the bore well broken in, then cleaned super clean....warm the barrel, some use a heat gun or hair dryer, I used hot water run on the barrel cuz it's handi to my shop in the basement. Once the barrel is hot, just apply the moly oil and paste with a bore mop or patch, swabbing the bore several times to coat it well, let it sit for a couple hours and wipe it out. Shoot, clean and repeat 2 more times and it's good for a long time according to most users.

http://actionsbyt.blogspot.com/2005/05/moly-fusion.html

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Moly-Fusion????
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 08:26:27 PM »
Well...if it works for the 17 cals...and supposedly they can be a real pain to clean...and very persnickery on accuracy if you don't...then I might give it a try and see...I wonder if it works on larger bores...and at higher velocities and pressure as well???

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Deadeye47

• Trade Count: (0)
Moly-Fusion????
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 03:22:59 AM »
Interesting.....hope there are more responses on this....
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline ken s

fusion
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 07:27:17 PM »
Used it in my 243.dont know about vel' or accuracey' but man that barrel cleans up fast an slick as a whistle. i like i like.  :D  :D
                  ken s :grin:

Offline Deadeye47

Moly-Fusion????
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 09:22:02 AM »
Well. .I ordered some...I have several 17's and 22 cal's...sounds like a neat deal anyway....wish it would come in before I leave on the PD shoot...I'd give it a real work out.... :wink:  Quick have ya tried it in your 45 cal's??? Might be nice to "slick" those bores up too....
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Moly-Fusion????
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 09:57:22 AM »
Not yet, have intention of trying it in the 223 and 204 ruger when I get more rounds through em....I'm thinking I should try it in the BC to see if it eliminates the leading problem when shooting fast cast bullets.....just for fun!!

Offline Deadeye47

Moly-Fusion????
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 02:32:46 PM »
yeah...in the big bore...thats what I'm wondering too... :roll:

DECEASED 10-09-05