Author Topic: Buffalo classic tang sights  (Read 630 times)

Offline Officer2312

• Trade Count: (0)
Buffalo classic tang sights
« on: May 27, 2011, 05:45:06 AM »
I've used the links on the help list before to look, but the last couple of times I've tried they've not loaded at all, on either my iPhone or computer. I was interested in the creedmore sight on track of the wolf's site, but can't remember which one was said to fit best. I was also hoping someone might have a little experience with it and curious as to how most folks would mount it.
Thanks

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Buffalo classic tang sights
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 06:34:01 AM »
The Long Range Sights inks have been fixed, if anyone sees a link that don't work, let me know and I'll try to fix em. When you see graybeardoutdoors in a link that doesn't work, replace the graybeardoutdoors.com/SMF with gboreloaded.com/forums and it should work.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
Re: Buffalo classic tang sights
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 06:40:34 AM »
Any 'tang' sight will mount OK on the wood of the wrist, though with the wrist being thicker than it really should be it wont sit as low as on something like Win. '85, etc.
If you tape it on up there and look through the original sights as you have them set for windage/elev. already you will easily find the right position. Then stand back and look at it from straight behind and the side to see it the staff is really looking 90% to the gun and not wonking off to one side. You can scrape the wood at the base if you need to get it right.
If you choose to inlet the base you will have to keep in mind the buttstock tru-bolt hole and the need for screw depth, plus, when you take it off you will have quite an excavation.
The TotW less expensive sight comes in a fixed staff and one with a couple of opposing screws (these are NOT for windage, but to get the staff straight up, then lock them down!).
Unless you want to shoot 1000yds. get the shorter staff and it will be a little easier to live with.
There are some Ukranian made sight which have some nicer features, but cost more, and I know a chap who makes a tang sight that has true windage adj. in the base (not quite a Soule, but very nice) for about $250ish, your choice of staff height (made in USA by an American, by God).
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974