Author Topic: Jeweling  (Read 404 times)

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Jeweling
« on: April 29, 2004, 08:23:13 AM »
Chris:  I've had triggers, hammers and bolts jeweled and it is not expensive.  You may even be able to jewel your own parts with the right equipment, like the dreaded Dremel Tool.  I've seen it done and it appears to be fairly easy if you have any artistic talent, which I lack so I have it done by a gunsmith.  Not expensive but I apologize for not having any $ figure right handy for you.  Oh, btw, not for safe queens only - once jeweled, the parts stay that way and if you maintain them the same way you maintain the rest of the firearm, the jeweling lasts.  HTH.  Mikey.

Offline The Shrink

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Trigger and Hammer jeweling...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 02:39:31 PM »
My understanding is that it's best done with a drill press and a jeweling device chucked in it.  You can get the jeweling devise from Brownells.  It's not expensive or difficult to do.  You can make your own from a very stiff, short bristled round brush that you can chuck in a drill press and some jewelers rouge.  

Wayne the Shrink
Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Offline Jerry

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 06:44:10 AM »
I've done it myself, it's pretty easy if you have a drill press. I didn't have the jewelling jig, but if you have a vice that can be moved side to side, backward and forward, it makes it a lot easier. I use the dremel polishing tips, but when I first started doing it, I glued 600 grit wet-dry paper to the end of a pencil eraiser and chucked it in the press. (after cutting the pencil down to about 3") It works, but the dremel tips are easier.

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 04:25:39 AM »
:cb2: Hammer or trigger $15 each.

www.clementscustomguns.com/handguns/options.htm
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."