Author Topic: .270 Ultra Compensated  (Read 367 times)

Offline youngbdv

• Trade Count: (0)
.270 Ultra Compensated
« on: June 14, 2005, 08:18:09 AM »
I'm trying Federal Classic 130 Grain ammo in mine , looking for factory ammo advice       that has shot best in your .270 Handi ?

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
.270 Ultra Compensated
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 12:31:23 PM »
youngbdv.

Providing you are not bothered by the muzzle blast, a compensated barrel will mostly be more accurate then a plain muzzle. That is if the barrel has a prefect crown and the ports are perfectly indexed.

The radial exiting gases at 10500ft/sec will act like a vise having a six or eight point jaw, stabilizing the muzzle. If everything else is snug and tight a good 130 gr factory load should shoot ok.

Myself I don't like the blast of a compensated barrel.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline youngbdv

• Trade Count: (0)
.270 Ultra Compensated
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 02:21:21 PM »
Fred
I've only shot mine 8 times so far ,yes I do notice the muzzle blast more even wearing plugs and muffs.
Thanks

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
.270 Ultra Compensated
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 11:30:56 AM »
Hey guys!!!, it looks like Fred M is back!! At least he has posted today, Wednesday, June 14, 2005 at  5:31 PM...nice to have you back Fred!!!....<><.... :grin:

"Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

youngbdv.

Providing you are not bothered by the muzzle blast, a compensated barrel will mostly be more accurate then a plain muzzle. That is if the barrel has a prefect crown and the ports are perfectly indexed.

The radial exiting gases at 10500ft/sec will act like a vise having a six or eight point jaw, stabilizing the muzzle. If everything else is snug and tight a good 130 gr factory load should shoot ok.

Myself I don't like the blast of a compensated barrel.

e-mail: zermel@shaw.ca"
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley