Author Topic: Future of "micro" cannon, Feedback needed.  (Read 927 times)

Offline rays89

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Future of "micro" cannon, Feedback needed.
« on: July 08, 2005, 12:57:26 AM »
Due to the success of the M-Series Micro cannon The Irishman and myself have worked on. We are wondering what other types of micros people are looking for? What we are striving for are cannon small enough to be used where others can not, and to be able to make them at an affordable price without sacrificing quality. So Im throwing this question out the group. We do have a few ideas, and suprises coming out in the future.
   The Irishman and myself do have have fun making and of course test firing these cannon. But we do need feedback on what the group wants.
                                                                           Thanx
                                                                                Ray

Offline Evil Dog

• A Real Regular
Future of "micro" cannon, Feedbac
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 05:29:43 AM »
Don't know what the affordability factor might be, but a Model 1861 Siege Mortar entirely of brass would sure be neat... includes a brass carriage.
Evil Dog

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Freedom is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote. - Benjamin Franklin (1759)

Offline rays89

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 05:07:09 PM »
Evil dog
   That would be a neat concept A seige mortar with a brass carraige would be sweeet, But unforuntley do to the difficulties and the time consumed and the high price of brass. Building such a model would be be to costly. our goals are building cannon that are small enough to shoot where others can't plus be affordable to anybody who wants one. For example our M-Series made by Brooks-usa has been a real success. The post on this model is "Backyard cannon fun" I do believe Brooks-usa just might have a few left available. So it is best to act fast. The way things are going I think Ill be back on the scroll saw with these cannons on back order again. presently a micro Coehorn is in the planning stages and Im still working on trying to make these carraige wheels econically but with quality for a feild cannon IE:Napolean. But Evil Dog thanks for the advice an all brass Siege mortar would look real nice.
                                                                         Ray

Offline rays89

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 04:08:33 AM »
Evil Dog
   I guess my only advice is get the barrel and build the brass carraige, or find someone who can. As a matter of fact when I do find the time from this micro project I'm going to build a Model of the dictator mortar, Fortunetly I was able to get a prototype barrel, Its in the rough right now, And Ill probably build a fresh sled for it. Its the larger barrel from Brooks-usa The sled is going to made of wood and not true to scale but Im going to paint it black.  But after you suggestion I think in the future Im going to order the smaller barrel and have a local machinst build me a brass sled for it. Even though its not a micro. it would look really nice on my shelf. Enclosed is a pic of the present 13 inch Seige mortar barrel, With a couple of the M-seiries cannon to show the size
                                                 Ray