Author Topic: Winchester model 1906  (Read 905 times)

Offline UtahMike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rem. 22-250AI Etronx, Bush., 3200 -- 5-15x50
    • http://home.comcast.net/~hale.michael/wsb/index.html
Winchester model 1906
« on: October 03, 2005, 07:03:46 AM »
Dad recently passed away and left several rifles and pistols. One of them is a model 1906 Winchester pump .22short, long, long rifle. It has a serial number that shows that is was manufactured in 1923, it was in very good shape. However, dad against my wishes took the weapon to the local gunsmith and had it re-blued. My question is this, did this destroy all collectors value?

Offline jhm

Winchester model 1906
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 03:23:22 AM »
Probably to a die hard collector, however its worth all the money in the world to you.  Sorry to hear about the passing of your father, but keep the weapon and pass it down the line as your turn comes and let your father know it was cherished. :D    JIM

Offline jh45gun

Winchester model 1906
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 06:22:25 PM »
Quote from: jhm
Probably to a die hard collector, however its worth all the money in the world to you.  Sorry to hear about the passing of your father, but keep the weapon and pass it down the line as your turn comes and let your father know it was cherished. :D    JIM

I have to agree my brother took my dads old Win 97 when Herters was still in business and had them restock/forarm it with very fancy walnut and reblue it. It looks fantastic! Yea it took any collectors value away but as a family heirloom its fantastic.  :grin:
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Scota

Re: Winchester model 1906
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 10:15:03 AM »
Quote from: UtahMike
Dad recently passed away and left several rifles and pistols. One of them is a model 1906 Winchester pump .22short, long, long rifle. It has a serial number that shows that is was manufactured in 1923, it was in very good shape. However, dad against my wishes took the weapon to the local gunsmith and had it re-blued. My question is this, did this destroy all collectors value?

In short....yes.