Author Topic: 24"...12ga Barrel ??  (Read 589 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
24"...12ga Barrel ??
« on: June 25, 2005, 12:22:07 AM »
I posted this question some time ago and never got a response.  I thought I would try again.
In February I bought a 12ga Combo from Gander Mountain.  It came with a Tracker II barrel and a 12ga, 24", Mod. Choke barrel.  Has anyone ever seen a "Stock NEF/H&R" in 12ga, 24" barrel?  I have been unsuccessful with CS.  They will not tell me who this Combo was made for.  There was only 1 in the store and I have not seen one anywhere since.  I have checked the Barrel Acc. sheets and the Catalog and they don't list this barrel there either.  Anyone that could shed some light on this question??
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
24"...12ga Barrel ??
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 07:59:30 AM »
I've never heard of it or seen it in all looking. The survivors models used to come with a 22"mod
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
22 mod
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 08:51:01 AM »
I know about the 22" Mod Choke.  That's the same barrel as Youth.  I had one fitted a while back when I got my 45-70 barrel.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
24"...12ga Barrel ??
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 09:13:37 AM »
Do you notice any difference in shooting the 22" barrel over the 24". I had a 24" for a while and never even shot it before I traded it for a 22"20ga. I want a 24" with choke tubes but haven't found the right deal or trade yet. I've got a 22"20ga Mod barrel on my walkin around/truck gun now. It carries like a dream and shoots slugs well.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
Not Yet !
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 11:16:15 PM »
I have been real busy with work since the warm weather kicked in.  Lots of OT...haven't had a chance to get out and do any shooting since I got the 22in barrel.  I knew they made the 24in with choke tubes.  Mine is fixed Mod. choke.  That is what I found odd.  I was thinkin' it might make a good turkey barrel.  I know most of those are full choke or have choke tubes...what else would you use a 24in mod choke for.  I don't need a slug barrel as I already have a 20ga Tracker I barrel.  I will have to see how it patterns at 40 yds.  I will post the results once I get a chance to do a comparison with the 22in barrel.  Thanks Markus
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline kenbev

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
24" barrel
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 07:02:46 AM »
I have a 24" fixed full choke 12 gauge and have hunted with it some. It is good on game but there is little forgiveness. You must hold right on what you are shooting at...

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
KICK !!!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 11:49:45 PM »
Yep,  I know about that.  For most things, 20ga is my choice.  I bought the 22in 12ga barrel for a "Stopping Gun" and HD.  I just think everyone needs at least 1 12ga.  I have to assume that my 24" Mod. choke barrel is just an "Odd Ball".  It may be turned into "trading stock" sometime down the road.  But, for now, I'm gonna hang onto it and have some fun.  One thing for sure, a Limbsaver is on the shopping list, as I am sure the 22" barrel will be even more of a thumper than the 24" barrel.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"