Author Topic: 17 Jet load data?  (Read 781 times)

Offline hutch

• Trade Count: (0)
17 Jet load data?
« on: May 10, 2005, 07:06:50 AM »
Hello All,

Does anyone have load data for the 17 Jet ??

I got a Bullberry barrel in the 17 Jet and am looking for a good load.

Regards,
Hutch

Offline Catfish

17 Jet load data?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 02:26:34 PM »
I can find nothing on the .17 Jet, by I do load for the .17AH and wnat to warn you to steep up your powder charges 1/10 of a gn at a time when working up loads. With small cases and small bores the presure goes up real fast. Also never shot near max. loads in hotter temps. than they were worked up in, presure goes up with temp.

Offline hutch

17 Jet load data?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 09:21:50 AM »
Hi Catfish,

Thanks for the warning but I already am awear of the little guys since I have 9 sub caliber rounds.

I found out that Dick Saunders the "father" of the 17 Jet lives here in Iowa. I got ahold of him and got a copy of all his 17 cal. notes including 6 pages on the 17 Jet alone.

Hutch

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
17 Jet load data?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 03:23:22 AM »
You might get yourself a copy of Todd Kindler's "Sensational Seventeens" that has load data for pretty much all the 17 cals out there. I think his URL is www.varmintsden.com or something similar.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline rodgervich

17 Jet
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 06:51:13 PM »
Hutch- I have a Bullberry .17 Jet barrel, lots of fun. The book "Sensational Seventeens" does not have the .17 Jet in it but Saunders has a lot of info on it. I have copies of a bunch of it and take it under advisement that he and Kindler tend to run loads HOT so reduce a bit for safety. My current load which shoots very well is 18.3gr H322 under 25gr Nagel HP w/moly. This is not super fast or hot but groups ~.700 which if fine for my shooting with it. The Jet is just a bit smaller than a Mach4 and people often advise 15% or so under Mach4 loads as a close approximation for the .17 Jet. Work up carefully is all.
http://www.woodchuckden.com/