Author Topic: Gunsmith  (Read 472 times)

Offline FX4 10-8

• Trade Count: (0)
Gunsmith
« on: June 21, 2005, 02:19:05 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good Gunsmith in the Northeast Oklahoma area? Thought it might be a faster turn around time to get the trigger worked over closer to home. Can’t do without the rifle that long, too many coyotes not enough time.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Gunsmith
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 02:24:10 PM »
Do your own, won't take more than a couple hours at most.....if you have the tools....I've done several, the second one is easy!!! The first one is a bit scary, but if you read all the instructions from both Perklo and Raynor, it's a piece of cake, many here have done their own, many first timers, too!!

Tim

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=52341

http://www.perkloafm.com/
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Varminter

• A Real Regular
Gunsmith
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 02:29:06 PM »
I'll have to second what quick said. Don't waste your money or time taking it to a gunsmith. I did my 223 not to long ago and it turned out to be pretty simple. It was scary to take it apart but once you read over the directions from both sites that quick listed its really easy. Just make sure you print the directions out and have them in front of you. And remember to keep putting it back together to make sure you don't get it too light. The hardest part is driving out the pins.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Offline olredhead

Gunsmith
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 02:40:41 AM »
FX4 you really can do it yourself, have faith in the instructions. Once you get into it  everything will make more sense. BUT if you decide not to try, PM me, I'm outside of Miami and there's a very good smith in Baxter Springs who can do the job.     olredhead

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
Gunsmith
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 05:22:27 AM »
I'm in Northwest Oklahoma. If you ever have occasion to get out this way, I'll show you how to do it.  

They are right, it's scary the first time, but easy the next time.
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline FX4 10-8

gunsmith
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 03:06:16 PM »
Thanks to all for the info, one of these days I am going to try this P Dog thing, that is if I can get some time off.