Author Topic: Dual Dovetail  (Read 342 times)

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Dual Dovetail
« on: June 27, 2005, 02:00:17 PM »
Can dual dovetail rings be used again on a 2nd set of bases?  I am changing from a Remington to Winchester, and would liek toonly need bases.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Dual Dovetail
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 04:45:40 PM »
Sure you can reuse them at least once tho I personally never do. I let them go with the rifle when I get rid of it. I prefer to start new each time on my guns. But one reuse shouldn't be a problem.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Dual Dovetail
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 10:53:25 AM »
I can think of no reason why you wouldn't be able to use them many times.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Dual Dovetail
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 07:44:49 AM »
Each time they are taken out and put back they get a wee bit looser. Now how man times you can do that before it matters is the question. For sure you can do it once which is what was asked. Can you do it two? three? half dozen? Maybe and maybe not. Dunno if they still do but used to be most makers of the turn in type rings had a warning on such wear in the box with them.

Personally I just don't reuse them. I leave them with the gun and buy new ones. Cheap enough insurance in my mind.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!