Author Topic: Anyone put in for Arizona?  (Read 1001 times)

Offline AZ300wsm

• Trade Count: (0)
Anyone put in for Arizona?
« on: June 22, 2005, 12:25:14 PM »
And what for?

I put in for deer and elk.Bouthg a bonus point for antilope.

Offline Elwood

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 05:56:17 PM »
Yeah I put in for deer and elk. Put my 11 & 12 year old sons in for cow elk.
Now we have to find the patience to wait till the results come in. We live way down south in Bisbee.
Elwood
Vae Victis

Offline AZ300wsm

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 07:07:47 PM »
Elwood,

The results should be out late July. Maybe earlier with any luck. What areas are you hunting?

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 01:09:27 AM »
A total of 9 of use pulled out of Arizona's draw.  Way to much controversy for non-resident hunters. We decided to go to Florida and then to Maine this year for hunts. Next year back to Alaska for another Caribou hunt.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline AZ300wsm

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 04:17:28 AM »
Redhawk1

Sorry to hear that . It is too bad someone like USO has to ruin it for a lot of other folks. Alaska is one of my dream hunts.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 11:17:43 AM »
Quote from: AZ300wsm
Redhawk1

Sorry to hear that . It is too bad someone like USO has to ruin it for a lot of other folks. Alaska is one of my dream hunts.

You are so right, but it was a combination of USO and the Arizona Game & fish companied. It is like they want to punish the non-residents for what USO did.

Alaska is a great place, well worth the money spent. I am glad also that I don't have to pay a guide for our Caribou hunt. Drop hunts in Alaska are a real adventure. The only real cost is the Air taxi to get you out into the Arctic Circle.  :eek:  Tags are reasonable and so is the license.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline AZ300wsm

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 01:04:44 PM »
Redhawk1,

" it was a combination of USO and the Arizona Game & fish companied"

That is so true. They could have and should have done a better job to see that it wouldn't turn in to what it did.

I have been looking into an Alaska hunt for a little while now. You are right they do seem reasonable. I have not checked in to the Air Taxi side of it yet. Whats ballpark on them?

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 02:17:58 AM »
Quote from: AZ300wsm
Redhawk1,

" it was a combination of USO and the Arizona Game & fish companied"

That is so true. They could have and should have done a better job to see that it wouldn't turn in to what it did.

I have been looking into an Alaska hunt for a little while now. You are right they do seem reasonable. I have not checked in to the Air Taxi side of it yet. Whats ballpark on them?

Last year my air fairs were for round trip. Delaware to Fairbanks $660.00. Fairbanks to Bettles $600.00 included 60 cents for anything over 40 pounds of luggage. From Bettles to Arctic Circle $1800.00. These prices are per person. As you can see the last flight is the more expensive. But let me tell you, for under $4000.00 total cost of flights and licence and tags, we also had wolf tags. That is a great price for the adventure.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Elwood

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005, 06:48:06 AM »
AZ300
My brothers and I put in for mule deer amd, whitetail in 34B. Bull elk in 7W & 7E. My boys and cousins are in for cow elk in 10 &9. The kids are not in youth hunts they have had bad luck for two years trying for youth deer hunts.

Elwood
Vae Victis

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 11:27:31 AM »
I considered applying for an elk tag but I refuse to buy a  $100+ hunting license just to apply - whether I draw or not.  The zone I wanted to apply for had a chance to draw of 1 in a hundred.  It appears to me the odds are not in my favor so I won't play that game.  Other states are more nonresident friendly and will therefore receive my money.   Ariz. is the only state I ever had to pay for an application booklet.   I drew  combination deer and elk tags in Montana.   I'm waiting to hear from Wyoming as they draw for antelope on July 3rd.  Meanwhile I just shoot and load,  clean shoot and load, clean shoot and load, clean shoot and load.  C'mon hunting season.