Author Topic: H&R Pinnacle  (Read 857 times)

Offline LAREDOBOB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
H&R Pinnacle
« on: May 10, 2005, 12:08:54 PM »
Has anyone seen the new H&R Pinnacle O/U shotguns? They look nice in the new catalog. How about in real life. Have you seen any prices yet?
"No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country."   T. Roosevelt

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
H&R Pinnacle
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 11:16:53 AM »
The NRA's American Hunter magazine had a write up on them in their April '05 issue starting on page 75.  They got a favorable review and according to the article they are manufactured in Turkey and had a suggested retail of $886 when the magazine went to press.

UMFAN1 wrote:

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My local gun shop here in Michigan has them in stock in .12 and .20 gauge. They are asking $499 for them. They are very nice looking guns. Barrel opens fairly smooth and stock looks & feels good.
If they made one in .28 gauge I would have walked home with one."

If the NRA writer thought it was a good deal at almost $900 it should be a real bargain at under $500.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Xplorer

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R Pinnacle
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 08:44:11 AM »
I too, am interested in the Pinnacle, probably the 20ga O/U for upland & early season waterfowl.  Have not seen one in person, and am interested in any comments from anyone who has.  Also, wondering about cost ... have seen the retail price comment of $886 (which would be more than I'm willing to spend), and then Brett mentioned finding one for $499 (more realistic at least).  Are the balanced nicely and do they seem light?
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin Historical Review of Pennsylvania. 1759

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
H&R Pinnacle
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 07:46:06 AM »
I just saw them in Walmarts order catalog. I believe the price was $616.
Yeah-I was shocked too. A little steep for me.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
H&R Pinnacle
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 08:39:47 AM »
They are made by Verona...and if the fit and finish is as good as my Verona LX505SC...then I would say they are a excellent buy...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
H&R Pinnacle
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 08:51:14 AM »
I have only seen one Verona in person and it was beautiful. I would love to hear from someone that has the Pinnicle, and get a range report/fit,finish on it.