Author Topic: H&R Excell Or Charles Daly?  (Read 499 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
H&R Excell Or Charles Daly?
« on: July 08, 2005, 08:53:36 PM »
H&R SA1-128 Excell Auto 5 12 Gauge Synthetic for $298.xx or Charles Daly Feild Hunter 12/26 synthetic for $294.xx. Prices are from the Wal-Mart page. I would like to have a good cheap semi for the occasional pheasant hunt or similar wing shoot. I know this is a H&R/NEF site and I am as big o' fan as you can find, but I need some honest opinions here from some of you better versed in shotgun-ology than me. :wink:
So what da ya'll think?
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 01:08:39 PM »
i have heard that cd shotguns hammersprings get "soft" sometimes causing snapped primers and complete missfires. then i  have heard some cd shooters compare there guns to beretta semi autos and prefere the cd......... i have not heard any thing about the h&r semi auto :eek: hope this helps!
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 01:13:10 PM »
Go with the H&R...it's a very good gun...fit and finish are a little on the rough side...but it functions great and patterns great...and it's a very good buy for the money.Verona's same gun goes for a couple hundred more...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Nixter

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 03:25:43 PM »
Only one experiance with the Charles Daly. My goose hunting partner shoots one of the synthetic models. I also bring my Remington 870 and my H&R 10 Gauge that way he has a choice of guns to use when his breaks.

We call it a John Daly gun becuse it works when it wants to and when it does it's pretty good.

This is not a slam of CD guns just what I have seen for myself.

Nixter