Author Topic: Scope comparison and prices  (Read 491 times)

Offline pete50

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope comparison and prices
« on: July 15, 2005, 11:41:59 AM »
I noticed someone posted best prices on sightron scopes some imte ago, but I lost the link and cant seem to find it with search. Can anyone help?

I am considering the bushnell elite 3200, sightron S2, and the "new" leupold VX 2. I know there are a number fo good scopes in these price ranges, but I prefer my stuff to have "lifetime warranty" written on them. I have an S2 now and have been pleasantly surprised at it's quality - it's very nice. What do you think about the difference? The elite 4200 is just up out of reach, but if the quality is significantly better, I could maybe swing it.

I'm going to mount the scope on a browning A-Bolt with medium rings - will the sightron 42mm mount with this setup?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 11:47:24 AM »
www.theopticzone.com  a GBO sponsor, has excellent prices on Bushnell and Leupold scopes, the best service you'll find, too!!!   sorry...can't help ya with the Sightrons.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 04:17:17 PM »
Burris! or Mueller..........

Offline De41mag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • De41mag@aol.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 07:49:13 PM »
pete50;

I just bought two scopes, a Sightron S2 3X12X42AO and a Bushnell 10X40mm Fixed power. The eye relief on the Bushnell is about an inch more, and the clarity is superb. And I really like the Sightrons but for the money, the next one will be a Bushnell 3200 Elite. Leupold's are out of the picture from now on, to expenisive.

Dennis  :D