Author Topic: Shirstone Binoc's and scopes  (Read 896 times)

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
Shirstone Binoc's and scopes
« on: July 19, 2005, 10:02:30 AM »
Just received a new roof prism 8x32 binocular. This is by far the b
best compact binocular I have ever come across. Brilliant optics no visible optical abberations very eye glasses friendly with hardly reduced F.O.V.
The shortest focusing distance you can imagen, a darling for bird watching, it weighs only one lbs. It is 4" wide and 3-7/8" high.

It has a 4mm exit pupil, more than enough for 98% of of hunting uses. Unless you hunt in total darkness.

They are water proof and nitrogen purged made in Japan. The optics from what I can tell are comparable to my 10x40 Leitz now Leica., and that is saying something. I think they would sell in the US for about $375 US in Canada $450 Can.

The scopes look like the Bausch&Lomb don't know what they cost. By the looks of these binocs they make good stuff. My friend has a dealership for the SHirstone line.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Shirstone Binoc's and scopes
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 10:12:31 AM »
Fred,

Never heard of em, must be one of the those that doesn't export to the US much or at all... here's their web site...thx for sharing.

http://www.shirstone.com/

I've been packing a Nikon Monarch ATB 8x40 for several years, great optics at 20oz and hard to beat for the $250 they cost. They close focus for bird watching which is why I switched from a 6x30 Steiner which wouldn't. Add a bino harness and you don't even know they're on your chest!!! I've actually thought I forgot to put em on when out hunting, til I looked down and seen em!!! :)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain