Author Topic: Bushnell 3200 Elite.... I got a bad one!  (Read 750 times)

Offline De41mag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • De41mag@aol.com
Bushnell 3200 Elite.... I got a bad one!
« on: July 30, 2005, 04:09:06 PM »
I tried to use my new Bushnell Elite 3200 10X40 Fixed power today.  :x
I ordered this scope from the Optic Zone on July 1 of this year, so it's not even a month old. Just mounted it today on a H&R Ultra Varmit in .223.
First shot at 100 yds. was low and to the left. Moved the dial adjustments in the directions needed, fired a second shot, no movement on up and down directions. turned the vertical adj. again fired, turned the dial, no response in the direction needed. After ten shots, I gave up, used the allen wrench provided, cannot go in either direction like the other knob. Tried this time using a little more pressure to get it to come loose. When it does, notice the O-ring is all boogered up. No adj. for up and down what so ever.
The thing is, the lady at The Optic Zone said that this scope had to come out of Califorina, they were out of stock.
I wonder if this scope is a REFERB?  :?
Because this scope should have never left the factory, Looks like I'm back to Leupolds and Sightrons. No more Bushnell's for me.

Dennis

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 04:36:43 PM »
Sorry to hear of your bad luck. I hope you get it resolved asap.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 05:07:39 PM »
Dennis, Call Jon or Tammy and see what their recommendation is, I certainly wouldn't condemn Bushnell for a goof, all mfrs make a mistake sooner or later. Your Elite has a 1yr no questions asked return policy on it thru Bushnell.....and I certainly wouldn't accuse The Optic Zone of selling refurbished optics if it wasn't advertised as such, just won't happen!!

Tim

http://bushnell.com/customer_service/warranty.cfm
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline De41mag

• A Real Regular
    • De41mag@aol.com
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 06:12:09 PM »
Tim;

I've got every right to say what scopes I'll buy in the future, That's MY choice and my money.  :x
Now as far as Jon and Tammy at the Optic Zone, I have no problem with them, she was very helpful when ordering my scope and she called me back and told me of an offer for a XL Gear Bag offer, I thought that was very thoughtful of her. But what came out of California I don't know. But I'll repeat: It should have never left the factory!
Now since the scope will have to be sent back for a $10.00 fee! I have to find another box because when the XL Gear Offer was mailed I had to cut the box up because I had to send in the Bar Code. This scope was not in sealed plastic wrap like other scopes I've bought in the past.

Dennis

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 08:06:18 PM »
Dennis:

Believe me...it can happen with the most expensive scopes on the market..but...give them a call and try to be nice...it doesn't do any good to get real  nasty and being rude on the phone...I've had brand new Leupolds that went belly up...so they aren't  perfect...just give those good folks... Jon and Tammey at the Optic Zone a call Monday...I'm sure they will replace it for you right away...or refund all your money..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline De41mag

• A Real Regular
    • De41mag@aol.com
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 04:14:56 AM »
Mac;

Your right, I'll give Jon or Tammy a call Monday. I never was upset with them. I Know I'll do more business with them in the future.
It's just that this is my first experience with Bushnell, never owned one before this. You know... first impression thing. So it was not to good.
But I really hate having to send things back, paying shipping, paying a return fee. just a big hassle.  :?
Hope it turns out OK.  :roll:

Dennis

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 12:37:16 PM »
De41mag:  I have bought from the optic zone and had no problems.  I, like you, would expect to receive a new product, be it a scope, rifle, or can of bush baked beans, in perfect working order.   Why would we do business with a company if what you experienced were the norm?  All companies have a few problems no matter what processes they have in place to prevent them.  The ones that get my return business stand behind their products and how they handle a situation such as this is very important to me as far as repeat business.  

I hear ya buddy........ and agree fully.

Unfortunately, and I'm not saying this is the case, when you mail order, the order is often taken by the distributor and sent to a "fulfilment company" to fill and ship the order.  The fewer people that handle the product the less the cost....the more the profit........no inventory to warehouse also keeps cost low.  

I am reasonably sure that Jon checks his product before shipping, but most fulfillment companys probably don't, they pull if from it's stocking location and ship it.    

The Optic Zone is held in high regard by almost all here in cyber land and is what I consider to be one of the best at E- commerce, from a customer perspective.  I'm sure, given the opportunity, if there is any reasonable way to satisfy you, you will soon be made whole.  

Purchases from a local retailer give the purchaser the opportunity to inspect the product before buying.  For online, or E-commerce to gain in popularity, satisfaction must be guaranteed.  I do believe you'll come out fine on this one.  Respect, and tac on your part should speed the process along.  Let us know how it works out....VC
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 12:46:49 PM »
Dennis,

Don't feel bad as you are nto the first to have problems with Bushnell optics.  I wish you the very best luck in your dealings with Bushnell.  I hope they work out better for you than they did for me.  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline De41mag

• A Real Regular
    • De41mag@aol.com
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005, 05:19:25 PM »
VC;

Thanks for the insight. And yes I understand about it not being The Optic Zone's fault. As a matter of fact, my wife is a waitress, so she catches all the flak ( could use another word) if an order is not right or just perfect.
Even though it's the cooks who make orders up.

Lawdog;

Thanks for your concern, to know I'm not the only one who has had a problem with Bushnell products.

Dave in WV;

Thanks, you fellas have helped a lot.

Dennis  :D