Author Topic: which nikon rangefinder? Please help me decide?  (Read 373 times)

Offline thelaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
which nikon rangefinder? Please help me decide?
« on: July 31, 2005, 07:20:26 AM »
i'm looking to purchase a rangefinder for this fall. last year i used a borrowed nikon monarch 800 and fell in love. i could put it on a group of antelope at 600-700 yards and it would give me a reading. i could even get readings on small targets like fenceposts at 400+yards. since i don't shoot at extreme ranges like 600 yards, i was wondering if i could get by with the nikon laser 600? the opticzone has them at a good price right now. what i'm wanting is to be able to put it on a lone deer at say 500 yards and get a reading. any input???

Offline Atomic Chicken

• Avid Poster
which nikon rangefinder? Please help me dec
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 09:57:39 PM »
Greetings!

I bought the Nikon Waterproof 800 yd. model, don't remember the model number but it's VERY nice.  Seems to run almost forever on a single lithium battery, it's lightweight and feels good in the hands, and I don't have to worry about rain or water.  Not much more expensive than the non-waterproof models either.

If I had it all to do over again, I would have waited until I saved the extra $450 it would take to buy a Swarovski Laser Guide rangefinder... I saw one a few days ago and I was VERY impressed... the best rangefinder I've ever seen.  Quite pricey though...

Best wishes,
Bawko
Support your local chicken.

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
which nikon rangefinder? Please help me dec
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 03:08:25 AM »
Both the 800 & 600 Nikon rangefinders are very nice.  I personally would opt for the 800 because it is waterproof where the 600 is only water resistant.  But that would all depend on if you use it in rainy and inclement weather.  If you don't, the 600 will work just fine for your situation.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!