Author Topic: New Weaver K & V Series Scopes  (Read 785 times)

Offline 06shooter

• Trade Count: (0)
New Weaver K & V Series Scopes
« on: March 30, 2005, 08:12:00 AM »
I have been considering a new Weaver K  series fixed power scope or a variable.  Are they worth the money or are their much better scopes in the same prive range?

Offline southern utah

• Contributor
    • http://www.jsi-guns-hunting-firearms.com
grand slam
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 11:43:16 AM »
at the shot show on Vegas I was at the weaver booth and they recommended the Grand Slam scopes.  they are $334 at  some places and you can find them used for $250 up. I just bought a 6x20 GS for $300 but haven't got it mounted yet.

Offline kenjs1

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 08:36:58 AM »
the Weaver K's are only about $125 and oh my goodness yes are they worth it!  I bought a K6 and was amazed at how bright it is.  I have not seen a comparably priced scope that can touch it.

Offline 06shooter

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 09:33:47 AM »
Thanks for the response.  There really isn't any place that carries Weaver scopes near where I live.  I was thinking of getting a 4x given every shot I have ever had has been less than 100 yards.  I had an old steel Weaver 4X mounted on the rifle I used last year and it worked like a gem.

Offline kenjs1

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 09:17:49 AM »
06- yes the Weaver K's are amazing for the money and as stated, very bright.   I like the 6x's much better than the 4's.  The 6's seem just a lot brighter when you need it.   They are not overpowering even at ranges inside of 30 yards or so.