Author Topic: Millet Scopes?  (Read 1401 times)

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
Millet Scopes?
« on: December 16, 2002, 05:44:01 AM »
Hey guys, I was at my favorite shop on Sat and they had a nifty rifle scope 3x9x40 flat matt finish with a rather short tube, made by Millet.  The guy behind the counter said they were the same company that makes rifle sight, scope rings, mounts etc..  The name was familiar,  but I didn't know they made rifle scopes.  The cost on the scope was $109.00.  Anyone familiar with these scopes?
markc :-)
markc

Offline Zachary

Millet Scopes?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2002, 06:14:22 AM »
Marc,

Yes, Millet does make scope mounts, and recently got into the scope business.

However, I am not very fond of Millets scope mounts and, as such, have some hesitation into buying their scopes.

In addition, even if I had a very positive feeling about their mounts, it is too soon to tell whether their scopes are any good.  Accordingly, if I were you, I would wait some time in order to determine their quality.

Furthermore, scopes under $100 or so, generally speaking, should cause some red flags to go up.  Yes, there are some fairly good scopes out there for around $100 to $200 - namely the Tasco World Class scope (see the other posts on this scope).

I would pass on Millett scopes, at least for now.

Zachary

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Millet Scopes?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2002, 07:29:03 AM »
I don't think Millet "makes" scopes. I think like many other names in the business they just import them from some off shore maker with their name on them.

You really don't get much for that price and I'd put my money into a used scope with a major maker name on it before I'd jump for one of those.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline markc

Thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 06:59:45 AM »
Thanks guys,  I am planning on waiting until the after Christmas sales begin to decide on a scope.  I really haven't narrowed it down to a few brands or models yet, so the field is wide open for low power variable.
markc
markc

Offline varmit_master

• A Real Regular
Millet Scopes?
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2002, 12:08:42 AM »
i was wanting to know about the Millett scopes i was looking at the 6-25x56mm 30mm AO i would i be better off passing on the Millett and going for a Nikon

Offline Zachary

Millet Scopes?
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2002, 03:59:32 AM »
If it's a Nikon Monarch, then YES.  I own several of these scopes and they have NEVER failed me, even on hard kicking rifles.

Zachary

Offline varmit_master

• A Real Regular
Millet Scopes?
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2003, 10:51:36 PM »
I went with the Nikon i have one on my 300 wby a buckmaster 4.5x14x40mm i had a Leupold Vari -x2 3x9x50 and i sold it and got the Nikon i like it so much better  and A UP DATE ON MILLET my Best friend had a Taso 6x24x40mm on this Savage Tactical Rifle 300 Win Mag and the scope screw up so i check and call around to help him get a Nikon and he went to a Millet scope it is the 6x25x56mm it has a life time war. if it goes bad u send it back and they send u a NEW scope  they dont rebuild your scope u get a new one know Q ask i am going to stick to my nikon and i got a pair of Nikon Monarch ATB 10x42mm Binoculars i like them alot they r the best i have had so far good hunting

Offline Zachary

Millet Scopes?
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2003, 03:57:38 AM »
Pluto, here are the earlier posts on the Millet scopes.

Zachary