Author Topic: Freedoms, liberty, and the US.  (Read 703 times)

Offline Third_Rail

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.bigironbarrels.com/
Freedoms, liberty, and the US.
« on: July 29, 2005, 02:09:52 PM »
Here in Billerica, Massachusetts, we're starting our 350th anniversary celebration. Revolutionary war reenactors, tents, cannons, muskets, candlelight tours, period food, demonstrations of soap-making and the like.

Here in Billerica, Massachusetts, it's hard to get a firearm, one of the very things our founders fought so hard to protect. The irony truly strikes home with every cannon report, every musket blast coming from the park not a mile away from me. The land of the free, subject to permission (which can be denied here in MA for nothing more than the police don't like how you look).

How did we let ourselves get to this point, when to use our "freedoms" we must first obtain permission; where one of the most basic human instincts, self-defense, is subject to regulation and denial; when a developer can buy land next to a range and then declare the range a nuisance and get it closed?

When did we let our guard slip so that denying a police officer the search of a vehicle or residence is seen as hiding something? How is it that the government can steal my home for a private company? Why can I be declared a terrorist and have all of my belongings stolen, my name slandered, and my family ruined for nothing more than what was once an accepted hobby?

To me, the future of my rights, my freedoms, my hobbies and my interests is uncertain. When I hear each cannon report, I feel a great laughter from Washington DC. With each musket sounding I hear a cacophony of laughter from uncaring, uninformed citizens of this country.

Just some ramblings from an eighteen year old of this once grand country.

Offline Shorty

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 12:41:12 PM »
It's sad that the oldest states seen to be those that have forgot their beginnings.
But, then, who keeps re-electing Ted Kennedy, and John Kerry?
Yeah, I know, Boston!    :(
It's the same with NY, NJ, Col, etc.  The big cities, full of Yuppies, make the rules for the rest of the state.  :twisted:

Offline Qtip

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »
Shorty,

The big shities make the rules for the rest of the nation.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!
To God Alone Be The Glory!

Offline .358buddy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 11:33:40 AM »
Applause

It sure is encouraging to see that there are actually young people out there that get it?  Its awesome to see that old time family values are still
being taught.  Thanks so much for sharing.  

be careful and check twice

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 04:53:57 PM »
Crazy isn't it !
  Taxachusetts has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation..
  Vermont, next door has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the nation...

If old Teddy has any brains at all, then his wisdom should be proven out by a much lower gun crime rate in Mass. than there is in Vermont !

Does old Teddy have any brains ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 06:21:30 PM »
Quote from: ironglow
Crazy isn't it !
  Taxachusetts has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation..
  Vermont, next door has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the nation...

If old Teddy has any brains at all, then his wisdom should be proven out by a much lower gun crime rate in Mass. than there is in Vermont !

Does old Teddy have any brains ?

If he did they were pickled long ago. :toast:
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Freedoms, liberty, and the US.
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 07:41:14 PM »
Quote from: Third_Rail

How did we let ourselves get to this point, when to use our "freedoms" we must first obtain permission; where one of the most basic human instincts, self-defense, is subject to regulation and denial;

Here is your answer. Must read for sure !!!

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=68749

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2005, 07:15:06 AM »
Yup Brett;

Old Teddy's brain is probably floating in some kind of alcohol brine...LOL

Pres . Bush has been declared to be probably the physically fittest Pres. we ever had...

So now the usual Dems(e.g. Teddy, Chuckie, Nancy and Dingy harry) are complaining because Pres. Bush stays in good condition....
   Jeepers, isn't that a terrible thing for him to do..

One of the news websites had a telephoto  of old Teddy ( the hero of Chappaquiddick ) at the helm of a sailboat...he looked like that blubbery pink guy my grandaughter laughs at on the Sponge Bob cartoons...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)