Author Topic: New 25-06  (Read 452 times)

Offline jmckinley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
New 25-06
« on: August 06, 2005, 12:24:05 PM »
:D  I posted a week or so ago I had changed my mind on the 25-06 and bought a interarms in 6mm. Well, like all clever plans Murphy was involved again. Took the 6mm home , shot it once and the @#%$^&^^%$$ THINg would hardly load a shell. arnold's arms needed to be bigger for that !!@!@##@!~rifle. I took it back and picked up a new Ultra in 25-06. I put a 4-16x50 Mil-Dot scope and what a very nice looking set up. How many of you use a Bi-pod on your Handi's? It feels a little awkward, with little room for your hand when up. Has this given anyone a problem? How do you clean the rifle? I'm not as smart as the foe-end and cleaned it as best I could. Will take it to the range after church tomorrow. I'll be using Ballistic Silver Tips and the federal BTSP loads. I should have been disciplined and just bought the Handi in the first place. Before I forget, how's the recoil? Fully set to hunt with the rifle weighs about 11.7 pounds.

Jess :-)
Jess

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
New 25-06
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 02:19:30 PM »
Congrats on the new Handi :D

Your going to love it...the Silver Ballistic tips are a good choice...my advice is to not shoot the others till it's cleaned real good...I had some problems doing that with mine......recoil...you'll notice it...but not a-lot...just rember to pull all the way thru with the trigger everytime...and if your rifle starts bouncing and your groups open up...try resting it on the hing pin area...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Norseman112

• A Real Regular
New 25-06
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 06:34:26 PM »
Congrats on your 25-06 handi

Its one of my favorite calibers. For cleaning I would look at the sticky about cleaning and lapping our handi. You may want to bring along an O ring to see if it shoots better with or with out. You never know what load your rifle will like best. For a new rifle I make lots of different loads, log the results in my range book and use good barrel break in procedure to get the results I want. I wish you luck and happy shooting.

Norse

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
New 25-06
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 06:49:36 PM »
My 25-06 works very well with the bi-pod.
Wally

Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007

Offline jmckinley

• Contributor
New 25-06
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 03:42:26 PM »
:D Took the Handi out today and it shot very well. 1-1/12 inch groups with power shok 117. Fired two groups with the Ballistic Silver tips both groups 3/4" at 100 yars. Took three shot at 225yd steel target (small ) went 3 for 3 and on the third shot the target fell off. Them my wonderful Eagle Eye Optics failed and my shooting went to heck. Gave the ?><*&&*^%#$#@@@@ back. Just ordered a Mueller 3-9x40 from the optics zone. The reviews are very good and Jon at the optics zone sounds like a very good man. You are right I love this little rifle. You can tell it goes off but recoil was no bother at all.  Thanks for responding to my post. This is one of many Handi rifles I'll own. I had one stuck case cleaned the ejector never happened again. :grin:
Jess

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
New 25-06
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 07:38:06 PM »
Sweeeeeet.... :D

Now you know why all of like them soooooooo much...you made a good choice on your scope too... :D

Here's what mine did... with the Facory Winchester Supreme CT  Silver Bt's...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...