Author Topic: 67 cal smooth bore rifle  (Read 631 times)

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
67 cal smooth bore rifle
« on: August 01, 2005, 10:28:38 AM »
Cheatermk3,
When you were over here shooting p-dogs, we never had a chance to finish our conversation on converting a 12 gauge to a 67 cal smooth bore rifle. Here is one I picked at a gun show already converted. This one is an old (no serial number) Western Field (Savage 94). It is not a H&R, but the sights would work on one. The rear sight is fully adjustable and takes different inserts. This one will shot 3 Remington slugs into a minute of whitetail.

Wally

Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007

Offline oo_buck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
67 cal smooth bore rifle
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 03:24:18 AM »
Ok, dumb question.....:

How does one go about mounting the sights to a shotgun?  I have a 10ga full choke, that I use for turkeys.  It throws the pattern low and slightly right of Point of Aim.  The barrel isn't drilled and tapped for a scope, so can I do this to fix my problem?

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
67 cal smooth bore rifle
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 01:54:09 PM »
This receiver sight was mounted by having the receiver drilled and tapped. (But this makes "wing shooting" pretty tricky.) The front sight was silver soldered. Some shotgun barrels can be drilled/tapped for mounting sights right on the rear of the barrel. My H&R 10 gauge turkey barrel has scope mounts already on it, and this fall will have a red dot scope on it.

Wally
Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007