Author Topic: Gas prices  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Snowshoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.playfarmers.com
Gas prices
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2005, 04:21:02 AM »
One word of warnining. A lot of the small trucks get the same or worse gass milage than a full size with a v6. I have a full size Ford with a v6 5 speed and it gets 21-25 mpg. I know of a Dodge Dakota that gets 18, and a Mazda B4000 that got 15. The little 4 bangers can get 28-30, but they are small and have little comfort. I had a Mazda B2200 that got around 30 in summer and 28 in the very cold months, but the seat was very poor and the ride rough. We are paying $1.039 a liter, that works out to over $4.00 for a US gallon, and they say it is going up more.
Snowshoe

Offline rockbilly

Gas prices
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2005, 11:20:13 AM »
:roll: I have to agree with snowshoe.  I get better mileage out of my 05, F-250 FX4 Crew cab than I do out of my 94 Toyota Extra Cab 4x4.  The Ford has the 6.0 diesel engine, I have just over 35 thousand on it, and the fuel mileage is about 14.5 around town and 24 on the highway.  The Toyota has the v-6, 5 speed stick and only gets about 12 around town and 18 on the highway.  I bought the Toyota new and have neve got GOOD mileage out of it. I think it is broke-in, she has well over 250 thousand miles and has only been to the doctor for regular check-ups and oil changes.  The only thing good I can say about the small truck is, she has never failed to go where I asked her to go and has never failed start when I ask........... :wink:

Offline Savage .250

Gas prices
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 04:24:55 AM »
I live in central Fla and hunt deer in WV and as i wait all year for my 8 days to hunt deer the price of gas will NOT deter me from the "hunt".
  Course my boys go with me so i only have to pony-up for a third of the gas bill.
  Now gas for my bass boat is a different story all together!  

" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline rockbilly

Gas prices
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 04:07:23 PM »
:D Savage 250, I hear you talking, it takes almost as much gas to fill my Skeeter as it does to fill my truck.  The good thing about the boat, it's hammer down until you get to your hole and them I rarely start the 175 again until I am ready to put the boat back on the trailer.  If I remember correctly, when empty it holds 28 gallons.  And the 175 Merc. sucks gas like crazy.  

Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest.  Illegal aliens are stealing from, not benefitting Americans :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Offline Savage .250

Gas prices
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2005, 03:52:52 AM »
Quote from: rockbilly
:D Savage 250, I hear you talking, it takes almost as much gas to fill my Skeeter as it does to fill my truck.  The good thing about the boat, it's hammer down until you get to your hole and them I rarely start the 175 again until I am ready to put the boat back on the trailer.  If I remember correctly, when empty it holds 28 gallons.  And the 175 Merc. stinks gas like crazy.  

Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest.  Illegal aliens are stealing from, not benefitting Americans :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

rockbilly:
       If you have to fill your boat and truck at the same time....... the shock
   at the pump will leave you thinking," maybe i should get me a john-boat
   with a 5-hp ." Then i come back to my senses.  Next time i`ll call my son, he`s always good for some gas money. LOL.
    I know one thing for sure, i don`t "hammer" as much.  Go just fast enough to keep the skeeters off and the gators out of the boat.
    Remember, catch and release or we`re going to close the Fla border
   to you Tex-a -kins.  

Offline ronbow

• Contributor
Gas prices
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 04:38:34 AM »
I think Savage.250 may be on to something with the peach can gas converter as an alternate fuel (see fart supressor in this section).

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Gas prices
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2005, 06:55:02 PM »
I will still hunt as much as in years past...We may just carpool a little more though...Maybe I should buy a scooter or something?  :shock:
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline dakotashooter2

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
Gas prices
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2005, 10:35:58 AM »
Soooo. Anybody got plans for a "home" refinery. Bootleg gas anybody??????
Just another worthless opinion!!