Author Topic: Do i have a problem?!?  (Read 273 times)

Offline MIdeerhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Do i have a problem?!?
« on: August 19, 2005, 03:20:22 PM »
Well the other day i took out my ejector on my ultra slug hunter to clean it, well in the process, i should of been more careful, but i dinged up the barrel by the underlug where it goes in the reciver, there are a few shallow dings on both sides from a hammer, not real deep but they are visable only when the action is open, shells still fire and eject normal, with no problem, and the chamber isn't dented, i don't htink this is a problem since the barrel is so thick, does this make the gun unsafe to fire?...its onthe under the chamber but doesn't affect the inside of the chamber, i doubt the dings are any deeper than 1mm, if that... will this affect accuracy?....i know it will hurt value, but i love this gun and it doesn't matter to me cuz i aint gonna sell it....but am i just being over paranoid, or is this a concern?
New England Fireams Tracker II plus (USHD) 12 ga
.223 handi rifle
1903A3 Springfield in 6mm rem.
rem. 870 supermag
ruger 10/22
win. x-150
winchester model 88
savage 24

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Do i have a problem?!?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 01:33:11 AM »
It's not a structual or safety problem, and since they are not visible when the action is closed it's not really much of an astethic problem either, it still looks good when it's closed. Shoot it with no worries and enjoy it!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley