Author Topic: Selling used scopes  (Read 571 times)

Offline two slow

• Trade Count: (0)
Selling used scopes
« on: August 18, 2005, 12:34:45 PM »
How do you figure out what a used scope is worth? I have a couple burris pistol scopes I'm thinking about selling. One is a 2x7 and one is 3x12.
What is the sense in preserving collectible items just so they can be auctioned off by uncaring heirs for their pecuniary value ? I am inclined to believe that vintage cars are to be driven, old wine is to be drank, and fine guns are to be shot.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Selling used scopes
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 01:09:49 PM »
The condition is a big part. If they look well used but optically good, about 1/2 of what you paid or a little less. If in very good to new condition about 65% to 70% of new price and you pay shipping. JMHO.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline two slow

• Trade Count: (0)
Selling used scopes
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 01:29:13 PM »
Thanks.
To lose 30%, for a two week old scope, isn't very good. I think I'll keep  hold of them for now.
What is the sense in preserving collectible items just so they can be auctioned off by uncaring heirs for their pecuniary value ? I am inclined to believe that vintage cars are to be driven, old wine is to be drank, and fine guns are to be shot.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Selling used scopes
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 03:45:52 PM »
If only two weeks old and IF they look like new with no scratches or ring marks you might find someone willing to give as much as 75% to 80% of The Optic Zone's new price.

Or you can put them on ebay and might find a fool who will pay you 150% of The Optic Zone's price. Yeah it happens.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Selling used scopes
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 07:17:01 PM »
I vote for E-Bay...There's plenty of suckers out there just waiting to give you what you are asking...Plus, some bidders do not do their homework when it comes to prices...Give it a shot.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense