Author Topic: .375-.458 ????  (Read 628 times)

Offline Idaho_Hick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
.375-.458 ????
« on: October 18, 2005, 06:24:26 AM »
I have heard and read about the 416 taylor.  Seems like an interesting round that served a purpose.  My question is, did they ever do the same thing for the .375 caliber.  I'm sure somebody has, but I would think that with the greater popularity of the .375 bore, that all sorts of people would have jumped at the chance to have a standard length .375.  Is the .375 H&H so good that nobody wanted to duplicate it?  Is it sacrilegious to even think of doing so?  Or do I just live in a cave and have somehow missed reading about the great .375-.458?

Offline Idaho_Hick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
.375-.458 ????
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 06:31:45 AM »
Its called the .375 Chatfield-Taylor.  If I had read a few of the previous posts, I would have known that.  I should have looked before leaping. :oops:   But aside from the internet, I have not found any literature on it, while I have read many articles on the 416 Taylor.  This seriously seems like a wildcat that actually would serve a purpose, fits a niche not already occupied, and would not be overly difficult to do.  

Any of you 'catters out there have a good explanation as to why this 'cat never went anywhere?

And NoBade, have you started work on your project and how is it coming?