Author Topic: Bought a new one...  (Read 639 times)

Offline longshot

• Trade Count: (0)
Bought a new one...
« on: February 17, 2006, 12:48:31 PM »
I picked up a new featherweight in 22-250 today from a local gunshop (after the local Walmart cancelled my order for one and didn't bother to call and tell me  :evil: ).  I'd love to hear from you guys that have featherweights and what you love/hate about them, seeing that this is my first featherweight.....

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Bought a new one...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 04:43:02 PM »
Same here...got my first one also..put a stainless 308 in lay-a-way..and am very pleased with the looks of it..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline subfan

Bought a new one...
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 05:45:57 PM »
Just got a .270 SS FWT.  The stain on the wood is darker than what  I expected.  I will clean it real good this weekend and work on the trigger as it is a little heavy for my likes.

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
Bought a new one...
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 03:57:30 AM »
I have an older not quite pre-64  M70 FTW ...I love the gun Beautifully made, but as we know its mainly a hunting rifle and with the short barrel it gets hot and tends to "toss a few" at the range after awhile of shooting... but hey it only takes one shot in the woods..I'll refrase that it SHOULD only take one shot in the woods gl :D
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline Jack Gilbert

Bought a new one...
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 06:55:28 AM »
I have a pre-64 Featherweight in 30-06. Exceptional accuracy from a light rifle ( Venturino noted this in the last Handloader) and it just works flawlessly. It probably is one of the most accurate rifles consistently I have seen.  I paid $550 for this rifle a number of years ago, the blueing was still on the bolt face, obviously not shot much, I think the really ratty stock finish put off a lot of people.

I have a Classic Sporter in .25-06 which is also a fine shooter.

Jack