Author Topic: Win 1200 any opinions ?  (Read 855 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Win 1200 any opinions ?
« on: September 01, 2005, 06:59:47 PM »
Put a 1200 on layaway today. I could not resist it was a riot gun ( Barrel marked riot)  and had a herters adjsutable choke installed on the barrel to make it 20 inches. The nice thing about this choke is it is streamlined not bulbus like the polychoke and cutts comp were. Price was a 129 bucks so I figured I had to have it. Got a couple of other guns there on consignment when one or two sell I will pick it up. Any opinions on the 1200. I like 870's but no way could I get a 870 riot gun for 130 bucks used.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
Win 1200 any opinions ?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 04:03:41 PM »
I have only seen a few,and to me I would buy it just because its somthing different,its nice to have a change once in awhile, plus its always a fun time putting some holes in a milk carton filled with water, or around halloween time..those pumpkins get awful scary looking.. :)

This it? -> http://www.olive-drab.com/images/firearms_shotgun_win1200_800.jpg
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline jh45gun

Win 1200 any opinions ?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 05:06:03 PM »
Thats the military version. This must be a police version that some one added a aftermarket choke to. Who knows who added it. The wood is the fancy checkered wood like a sporting gun yet the barrel says riot. Unless some one added the barrel to a field grade gun????? It is set up with a sling system too.

Offline mountainview

• A Real Regular
Win 1200 any opinions ?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 06:51:33 PM »
My pard and I both have 1200's and they are smooth handling and functioning pieces. The action shucks shells like oiled velvet and is a pleasure to shoot. Like you, I also got mine used though it has a field barrel.

Offline jh45gun

Win 1200 any opinions ?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 07:31:42 PM »
Glad to hear it works well I have used a 870 for years so I am used to that mostly but I saw this and figured I had to have it I have been looking for a short barreled scatter gun for a long time but never wanted to spend the money they wanted or could not afford it either. Selling or trading a couple of milsurps or a 22 Ronanain with a scope will pay for this other wise I would not be able to afford it. Will post a pic when I get it.

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
Win 1200 any opinions ?
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 06:47:25 AM »
Thanks for clarifying that, I wasn't quite sure, but yea when you get a pic, i'd like to see  :D
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline jh45gun

Win 1200 any opinions ?
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 03:32:15 PM »
Will Do

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
Win 1200 any opinions ?
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 08:29:12 AM »
i have a 1300 and the reason i bought it was that when i shouldered it in the shop, it fit perfectly. then when i got it home i stripped it to clean it and liked it more and more. there is ONE pin to push out to remove the trigger assembly, not two or three. there are two action arms, not one, and they fit inside the aluminum (another plus) receiver and there is no grooves to fit stuff into or tricky "hold this down while sliding this into that" instructions for reassembly.

it was simple to tear apart and get every inch of it clean and oiled even after a long day in the rain chasing pheasants.

i think you will like yours also.

i keep wanting a browning bps but i just cant make myself get rid of the winchester. and for the $243 price, it looks much better than the remington 870 express and the mossberg 500, and is finished better too.

you dont get your thumb caught in the shell elevator when loading it, like i did with my 870, and it cycles smoother than the 500 also.

i am very happy with my purchase. some say its cheap and will fall apart but i see no reason to believe i will wear it out anytime soon and if i do, fine. i will go buy another new one for $243.

-Matt :D
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline jh45gun

Win 1200 any opinions ?
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 02:30:13 PM »
Matt they do not look any cheaper than a Mossberg or a 870 Express and both of them guns just keep working and working. I would not expect any less of the Winchesters. yea they are no Model 12 but then few guns are.