Author Topic: Steel Shot?  (Read 372 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Steel Shot?
« on: September 02, 2005, 09:20:58 PM »
I have a Topper Deluxe barrel with the screw in chokes. I was wondering if it would be safe to use it for Canadians with steel shot? Probably will go with a Mossberg 500 Full choke tube if so.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Steel Shot?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 03:46:23 AM »
As long as you are not shooting it through a choke tighter than MOD you should be fine. Steel is going to pattern tighter than lead any way. I never shot any steel through mine. I shoot maybe 10 or 20geese a year and figure for that many shots I'll splurge for the better performance you get with hevi-shot. The BAP page on the H&R site list to different MOD tubes for steel and lead. I can't check mine since I traded it a while back but if you unscrew your tube I think mine was marked steel.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Steel Shot?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 06:58:19 AM »
Just was looking and realized that the Mossy 500 tubes are stated as being safe for both lead and steel. Only problem is I sold my Mossy and it had the Mod. tube in it when I did. Wonder how the steel would pattern out of an Imp. Cyl. tube?
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org