Author Topic: Makarov 64, Any Good For COncealed Carry  (Read 723 times)

Offline The Pistoleer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Makarov 64, Any Good For COncealed Carry
« on: September 11, 2005, 05:48:43 AM »
I have seen several Makarov 64s on the Gunbroker site.  It appears that they are unissued and have just begun to be imported.   Does anyone have any experince with these guns?

I realize the 9X18 cartridge falls in between the 9mm Luger and the .380 in power.  What do you think of this round?
Pete

NRA Endowment Life

Be Safe,Have fun

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 09:19:10 AM »
:D Both my son and I bought one about a year ago.  They are sweet shooting little pistols, fairly accurate out to about 30 yards, the price is right, ammo is cheap, and in my opinion would make a good carry gun.  My only fault with the gun is that it bites my fat hand.  When I take a tight grip on the gun, the hammer coming back as it is fired has a habit of biting the FAT area between the thumb and finger.  If I think about it and held lower on the grip it does not happen.  My thoughts are, that would be a cheap price to pay if firing the gun for defense.

I don't carry mine because I have several better choices, but if I didn't have other choices, It would surely work.  I call my P-64 the "Fun Gun."  I have several other Makarov pistols and can't say anything bad against any of them. :D

Offline amorak

macarov
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 03:59:35 PM »
i have had the double stack mac for many yrs, and like it,  actually i am more accurate with this gun than any of my high dollar guns, hard to believe.
be sure you have a good magazine, not cheap after market ones

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 08:58:08 PM »
If you can hit what you're aiming at with it that's a big plus.  HOWEVER, my suggestion is to learn to shoot straight with something that has a lot more proven stopping power.  You'd be surprised at how fast you could master a 357 mag. if you really put your mind to it.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 05:16:23 AM »
These are great little carry guns like the PA-63's  Look here at Makarov.Com Gun's for Sale page

There is nothing wrong with a 9x18... shot placement is everything.

Offline peakoftherut

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 06:24:34 PM »
If you get one do yourself a favor and order new grips.

Offline amorak

macarov
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 04:54:32 PM »
the macs were really cheap yrs ago, $20 to $50 because there was no ammo available! with the fall of the iron curtain, ammo and the guns became available.

how the in the heck do i change my profile to put gender, age etc in?

Offline TOGO

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 09:06:50 PM »
Amorak,

After you open the website, at the top click on "profile" it will then ask for your username and password, type the info in and will open up your profile info which you can edit.