Author Topic: Pistol-vs-Rifle/ala Lee Van Cleef  (Read 1137 times)

Offline MOGorilla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Pistol-vs-Rifle/ala Lee Van Cleef
« on: March 18, 2003, 03:53:07 PM »
Had a chance to spend some time shooting this weekend.  1st, Clean shot is a clean up dream, but will return to Blackpowder after I shoot this pound.  I miss the soot and smoke.  2nd, my first big purchase after I bought my 1860 army, was a shoulder stock from Dixie.  I love that seen from For a Few Dollars More when Lee Van Cleef uses his.  Anyway, I decided to see how the army with the shoulder stock measures up against my Henry rifle.  I shot both, free standing at 50 yards.  I was impressed with my Pietta Colt clone, I shot 3.5" groups with both guns.  I don't really know how that measures up, but I was sure happy with it and impressed with the army's ability.  I am really looking forward to Palmetto's Revolving Rifle.  time to start saving my pennies.

Offline Gatofeo

• Contributor
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 04:30:18 PM »
Palmetto's coming out with a revolving rifle? A copy of the 1855 Colt revolving rifle, I presume?
I knew that Palmetto was due to introduce its Colt 1855 pocket pistol soon but not the revolving rifle. Where did you learn this?
I tried to look at the Palmetto site tonight but my computer locked up every time I tried. Sheesh ... something in there that it doesn't like. Guess I'll have to look at it on the work computer tomorrow.
"A hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .44."

Offline The Shrink

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 01:39:12 AM »
WOW!  That's a weird site.  Takes forever toload (I'm running at 1.2G!) with graphics galore.  Click on the gun to see index, and it loads movies unless you tell it not to.  No listing of a Revolving Rifle in their Civil War era weapons, anyway.  

Dixie and Cabela's have a Remington revolving rifle, though.
Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Offline MOGorilla

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 02:08:24 AM »
I read a report on the CAS City.  It discussed the 2002 Shot Show and items that were being showed by vendors.  One of the items discussed was the 1855 Colt Revolving Rifle.  This is the site:  http://www.cascity.com/cgi-bin/news/plugin.pl?template=chronicle

Go to the search and type Root.  It is the last article that comes up.  I hope that this is not someone blowing smoke.   I have wanted a couple of items since I was a youngster.  1, a Henry Rifle, got that.  2 A couple of Colt Army/Nave Revolvers, with a shoulder stock, got those.  3 a Colt revolving Rifle.  Still waiting.