Author Topic: Gander Mountain experience  (Read 796 times)

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Gander Mountain experience
« on: September 13, 2005, 06:45:03 AM »
Interesting experience. Have not dealt with Gander Mt. before, so this might not be the norm. Found a 444 Marlin Handi at Gander Mt. Green Bay store last month. Spoke with manager and made purchase. Mailed payment and signed copy of FFL on 8/22/05. This morning confirmed that they have received paperwork 8/29/05, but have not got around to shipping yet!? Brenda (very helpful) stated they had been waiting for internal permission to ship, and it would go out tomarrow(9/14/05). I really do not want to appear like an impatient old fart, but two weeks? Is this what others have experienced?
Wally
Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007

Offline Gordy

• Trade Count: (0)
Gander
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 02:42:59 PM »
I tried to buy guns from Gander, but unless the thing was sitting on the shelf, they could not keep things straight. I got a different guy, different answer everytime I tried to spend money. I guess they don't need it. - Gordy.

Offline ironduke2

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 05:37:48 PM »
you beat me by 5 min on that 444out of Green Bay. Thanks. Bob :D

Offline PEPAW

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 02:18:21 AM »
I live very near a Gander here, but in a 1/2 dozen trips have purchased only minor items.    Their selection is good, but we have lots of options in Houston and they are not the best service or the best prices.
I will buy some hard to find ammo there, but so far that's it.

pepaw

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 03:50:00 AM »
Bob,
You're welcome. Tell you what. If you want to come out to Montana to go hunting with me I'll let you use it. How's that?
Wally :D
Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007

Offline UMFAN1

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 02:40:40 AM »
You are lucky. My local Gander Mtn doesn't even stock any Handi's. When asked, there sales people always say that they don't sell the lower-end guns. Their policy is to sell middle to high priced guns. :(  
If they had a clue, they would sell a wide range of guns to meet demands of many people.
.35 CALIBER MAN

Offline buckbeast

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 04:06:05 AM »
I bought a handi-rifle in 7mm-08 at gander mountain about 2 months ago. Couldn't beat the price $199.00. They didn't have it in stock and had to transfer it from another store in a neighboring state. They originally told me it would take about 7-10 days and that turned into about 2 1/2 weeks. Be patient it will come.

Buck
Just a country boy from the mountains of PA

Offline Lost Okie

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 02:50:45 PM »
Purchased my USH 20 from Gander in Indianapolis straight off the shelf.  I have been in their store a number of times and not noticed a mid to high end attitude on what I saw on the rack.  However, they do not stock 35 cal or 264 cal bullets of any type.  Thought that was odd so I had them check the book, they didn't list 35 or 264 cal for bullets.  O'well, guess I will continue to order from Midway.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Gander
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 01:10:01 PM »
I frequent the local Gander as it's only about a 10 minute drive.  Nice place to stroll when I need to "Just Get Out of the House".  They always have a couple Trackers, USH in 12 and 20 and an assortment of Pardners.  I have never ordered anything there, so I can't say what that would be like, but they have always been eager to assist me with whatever I needed.  I have also seen a lot of Sportsters on the rack as well as Buff Classic and some other calibers of Handis.  Not a great selection, but they do have'em and I check often to see what's new.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"