Author Topic: recoil pads ,and survivor stocks  (Read 406 times)

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
recoil pads ,and survivor stocks
« on: September 15, 2005, 02:52:15 PM »
anyone figured out a good way to mount a recoil pad on their survivor stock., ? id like to do it for one the recoil and two alittle added length

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 04:02:12 AM »
hey tim, since yu have both style of stocks ,could yu tell me if the UV  stock recoil pad would work on the survivor stock? or u see anyway to rig it up?

Offline Nixter

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 07:34:09 AM »
shaner, in another thread about the survivor stock varmint bob said he used a Small Size Sims Vibration Laboratory Recoil Slip on Pad.

The thread is titled survivor 308 or something close to that.

Might try contacting VB for more info on it.

I bought my Survivor used, the previous owner tried gluing a pad on it. All that is left is some hard glue residue. The end of the buttstock has a hand screw on the toe and a pivot point on top. Covering these points would negate the storage aspect of the stock unless you can devise a quick on/off pad deal. Or maybe the storage access isn't a big deal to you.

If you want, I could get some pics of it to clear up what I am trying to describe.

Nixter

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 09:13:16 AM »
thanks nix but i have 2 survivor stocked rifles , and know where ur comin from ,
ill just have to figure it out ,thinkin of screwin to the door piece , some how ???? i dont store anything in there anyhow but the new varmint stocks u can add length to them with spaces i guess and they use a recoil pad,

Offline Nixter

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 01:06:13 PM »
shaner, perhaps an e-mail to Choate with your intentions would yield some results. I e-mailed a question to them and it was answered very quickly.

Let them know of your exact intentions and expectations and see what happens. It's thier product after all, they should know how to modify it.

I hope you find your answers to your questions, and I hope you share your findings with the group.

Best wishes

Nixter

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 03:16:48 AM »
yep i called her friday afternoon, she said its the basic same stock but the spacers and recoil pads will not work on the oldsurvivor stocks, because of the different hook upswith the, bolts pattern, the varmint stock is drilled to accept them