Author Topic: OT. some gun owners just kill me  (Read 1259 times)

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
OT. some gun owners just kill me
« on: September 20, 2005, 07:07:48 AM »
read this topic over at gunbroker these guys are crazy .

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=169462

i would have no problem wasting somebody if they where in my house and threaten me or my family but shooting people for just braking in to your business  thats what we have insurance for!!! gosh no wonder they try to take our guns.
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline Reynolds

• Trade Count: (4)
Amazingly sad!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 07:27:12 AM »
It just goes to show that we here in this country don't value human life much more than anywhere else.  We can be self absorbed jerks with a huge entilement attitude rather than people who give grace because they understand our own need for grace.

Why would anyone think that their business is more important that someone's life?

Offline Savage .250

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 07:34:57 AM »
When you do something bad................bad this happen!

" the best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 07:39:22 AM »
My previous entry should have read," When you do bad things.......Bad things happen."
   Sorry for the re-type.

" the best part of the hunt is nit the harvest but in the experience."
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 08:01:50 AM »
We had many break ins at our impound yard. Last month 6 strereos were stolen that means 6 windows were broken, and one video camera destroyed. This drives our yard insurance higher, we've put up razor wire this made our insurance higher. We started to get a dog but that would raise our insurance higher. I think a load of rock salt in someones britches would slow them down, but they'd probably sue us out of existence. I can see why some would just shoot the varmits it wont make your insurance go up.
All you can do is keep smilin :-)

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline mitchell

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 08:17:45 AM »
i know where your coming from hooker i and my dad had to replace $4000 worth of uninsured tools when one night both of our trucks where broken into but if i would of saw it happen would i of shot the guy ?? heck no !!! wooped on him a little (maybe a bit more then little) oh yes but not shoot the guy. i'm sure glad walmart didn't shoot me for stealing a pack of gum when i was 5.

its butt-holes like this that give all of us gun owner/hunters a bad name. just think if i could stumble on to this in a google search so could anybody else this need to remind all of us to be mindful what we say or let what we say be used to take our rights from us.

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 10:10:01 AM »
Ohhh, well, maybe if he hurt me or my loved ones, but not if he steals my property that I've worked and sweat and bled and taken the bread out of my children's mouths to obtain...

Ohhh, those poor misunderstood thieves, they just need a big cuddly hug and a kiss...
 :roll:

It's little hand wringers like you who are going to launch some sociocommunist bitch like Hillary Clinton into the White House.

:evil:
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline mitchell

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 11:49:45 AM »
Quote from: FWiedner

Ohhh, those poor misunderstood thieves, they just need a big cuddly hug and a kiss...

well thats pushing it  a good butt kicking yeah but a kiss no. a butt wooping plus the punishment the law gives , yeah thats good for me this ain't the wild west any more we don't shoot people for stealing a cow.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 12:26:25 PM »
:D Boy I love Texas..............here you have the right to use deadly force to protect property.  I can't say what I would do, but just because "Little Johnny" didn't get enough oatmeal cookies does not give him the right to take my hard earned possessions.  I worked for what I have, and most likely would put a bullet in someone's butt if I caught them in my house/property.  Most of the jerks that commit this type of crime are stealing to support a drug habit, them being hopped up, or in need of a fix may be a threat to my safety...........Sorry, they lose if its down to me or them.

My lawyer friend has always preached, If you shoot, shoot to kill.  A dead man can't testify against you. :evil:

Offline Hooker

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 01:18:59 PM »
I'd have to believe my life or the life of another was in danger to take a life. Killin someone for stealin ain't my way. That ain't to say I would not try to stop them by what ever means necessary. And yes I think a whoopin would be in order.
After we put up the razor wire our Insurance agent, said they would not cover any claims do to the wire. He asked,what will you do if someone gets caught in that wire?  I said, well I'll most likely poke him with a stick till the law shows up. Either that or get me spray bottle and some alcohol and treat that poor suckers wounds  :wink:

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 04:58:56 AM »
Quote from: mitchell

well thats pushing it  a good butt kicking yeah but a kiss no. a butt wooping plus the punishment the law gives , yeah thats good for me this ain't the wild west any more we don't shoot people for stealing a cow.

Answer this question; What do you own?

What do you have that you worked 5, 10 or 20 years to get?  Do you not have anything that you genuinely treasure, no heirlooms?

Is there nothing that you own that's worth stopping someone who would maliciously take it from you, dead cold, right then and there?

People who don't have the back-bone to defend what's theirs are the very reason the gun-grabbers are successful in their efforts to disarm the people, and that the police have any authority at all.  It's got nothing to do with the misbehavior of gun-owners.

Only someone who doesn't have anything, or a democrat, would tell another man that his bellongings aren't worth defending at the cost of another man's, especially a thief's, life.

You don't own anything of real value, do you?

:?
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline magooch

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 05:10:15 AM »
I have always considered burglary a capital crime and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to carry out the sentence.  If you don't like my rules, stay the hell away from my stuff.
Swingem

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 10:03:46 AM »
I hope for each of your sake's no one tries to rob you.  I also hope you live in a state where you don't go to jail for doing what you each claim you would do.

I don't own any object I would go to prison for.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2005, 12:26:08 PM »
:roll: FWiedner.  I guess we are among the few that have the guts to protect what we worked for.  As I said in my first post......."God, I love Texas."

I have no use for a thief, thats why I feel so strongly about deadly force.  I am convinced that most folks that would break into your home would hurt you if given a reason.  They may be on drugs, scared, or one of todays scum bums that has no value for their life or for the life of others.  

As I said, I am sorry, but I will shoot first and and face the music if I must. If me, my family and our possessions are not safe in my home or place of business, then where are they safe? At my age, and with the health problems, I could not stand and fight for long, so what choice does older people really have other than shoot first, ask question later?  In my younger days I may have welcomed a good fight with a thief, but not today.

I firmly believe, if more people had this attitude, there would be less home burglaries. The real problem here is, there are too many bleeding heart liberal demos and panty wasted judges out there who try to make you look like the crook when you try to protect yoursellf or property.  What's wrong with making a crook stand and face the music be it a .45, 12 gauge or a good old West Texas A&$ kicking.

Offline Hooker

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 01:24:33 PM »
Rockbilly I here ya. But for myself I'd like to leave killin as my very last resort. I've never killed anyone yet, and I'd prefer to live out the rest of my days that way. My dad was a WWII Vet and he had nightmares up till the day he died from things he done. He never would tell us about the fighting he done in the war. He would always say to us boys, It dont take alot of steam to kill a man. It's livin with it afterwards thats tuff.

Pat
-Mark Twain

Offline mitchell

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 03:14:17 PM »

You don't own anything of real value, do you?

may just be the way i took it but that sure feels like a slap in the face.

"Only someone who doesn't have anything, or a democrat, would tell another man that his belongings aren't worth defending at the cost of another man's, especially a thief's, life. "

oh and yet again.

the answer to your question is in my first post , and i quote "i would have no problem wasting somebody if they where in my house and threaten me or my family "  you can add friend in there if you like. i will take a life with no hesitation if it will protect the one's i love. but there is not any item that i own ,that i can think of that i would kill some one for ,not my dead grandpa's rifle , not mom's quilt she made me or the heart pillow grandma made me( yes i have things of real value) . i'm lucky enough that i've not killed anyone either but i really don't care if i do or not caz i know that if i do i will be just in doing it .

oh BTW i've not worked 20 to get anything i'm only 19.

just to clear anything up try this: i would do whatever is needed to stop a thief but purposely killing him would be used only if i felt a life other then the thief's was in harms way.

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 03:33:48 PM »
have to agree with mitchell. if its expensive things on the line, thats what my insurance is for. if its heart felt things on the line then thats what my fists are for.

if this robber has a gun then he is a threat first and a robber second and is dead on my floor "rat now" as GB says.

not many of us will be home when/if we get robbed. if we are and its the middle of the night and my Ruger comes with me to see what that noise was, youd better not be that burglar. i will kill to prevent myself or a loved on from losing their life.

this question has become ridiculous. how often are you going to be standing in the hallway and watching them walk away with your prized gold medal from the 88 olympics?? and then you have to choose whether to shoot or not?? cmon.

they will be long gone by the time you get back home 99.999999 percent of the time and you wont be making this choice.

and if theyre in your home and armed with anything but a ski mask they are a threat.

cut and dried to me.

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline mjbgalt

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2005, 03:38:19 PM »
and furthermore, Weidner, i am not certain it's your station in this life to tell me or anyone else here, their personal worth based on what they would do in an imaginary scenario. if you havent noticed i dont like being called a democrat or a hand wringer. and even when referring to Hillary i am not sure that word belongs on a family site.

last couple sentences here speak volumes.

Equality among members, at GBO we feel that all members are equal, and each and every one of you contribute in your own way to make GBO what it is. We also understand that each of our members have their own ideas, beliefs and opinions, and we respect that. We ask that every member of GBO always remember that we are all unique and we all have our own ideas, beliefs, and opinions and respect those of your fellow members as much as you would have them respect yours. Now if that is none and you feel as though you need not respect the opinions of your fellow members, I expect you will not be staying around here for very long.

-Matt

Offline longwalker

• Contributor
something to keep in mind
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2005, 04:21:08 PM »
If any of you have ever sat on a jury you will know about what I am about to say. A jury will hear all the evidence. Then get instructions from the judge, states attorney and defence lawyers.

With that done they retire and decide the case. Not on what they want or wish, or even think. They have to decide the case on the law. It really doesn't matter what any of us really want to think or wish.

If you take anyones life you or someone near you had better be in a life threatening situation. Further to the point law enforcement and the jury must believe a grave life threatening situation existed. In addition unless you are one of the very few perhaps 3% of the population after you make this life altering decision you will have to live with it the rest of your life.

Hope you are never in the situation where the decision to save a life depends on killing someone.  Because it is life altering not only for you but for your loved ones as well. There will be enough guilt for a whole city and you and your family will have to deal with it on your own.

longwalker

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2005, 05:02:52 PM »
I would gladly risk jail time if I thought my wife and or daughter were in any kind of danger.  In other words if someone comes in to my home or business with any unlawful intent  while my wife or daughter are there I would not hessitate to use deadly force. I can't read minds. I don't know if a robber intends to hurt me or my loved ones durring the robbery.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2005, 05:07:17 PM »
Nice speech Matt, now we can all hold hands and teach the world to sing Kumbaya while we share a coke.

Insurance might cover a dollars and cents aspect, but anyone who has anything that they value knows that there is more tied up in some materials possessions than a few bucks.

That includes the oldest and most tarnished penny in the bottom of his pocket, if a fellow doesn't want to give it up.

A man who won't stand and fight for what's his isn't worth the pot he pisses in.

That cowardice prevents good men from being able to defend their property, because it is translated into an accepted legal mandate to which all the other cowards can gleefully and safely adhere.

To put it bluntly, That gutlessness prevents me from exercising my property rights.

Mr. Longwalker, perhaps you are unfamiliar with the concept and process of jury nullification?

If a law is a bad law, juries are not bound to render a verdict according to any judge's instruction, or by that law.

:D

Offline mjbgalt

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2005, 05:19:04 PM »
well your (figurative) breaking of our rules here on GBO wont go unnoticed.

now can you think of a few other names you can call me in the meantime, instead of sticking to the topic? the guy who asked this question did so to see what we thought, not to see you waste our time insulting people.

-Matt

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2005, 05:23:14 PM »
Sorry, you caught me in the middle of an edit.

As I said, it was a figurative comment and not intended to be directed at "you" personally.

I don't see where I went off-topic even once, (unlike yourself), and I'm pretty sure I told Mr. "I value life more than property" what I thought.

:lol:

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2005, 05:55:07 PM »
Enough. Folks who should know better are NOT playing nice here. This thread's ended.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!