Author Topic: Bushnell Trophy  (Read 1020 times)

Offline billy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Bushnell Trophy
« on: September 29, 2005, 02:23:39 PM »
Anyone have or use a bushnell trophy scope how do you like it and what do you think of it for deer rifle?
I enjoy collecting guns, swaping and staying up on all the newest models. I deer, quail, squirrel and rabbit hunt.

Offline mr.frosty

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Bushnell Trophy
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 03:45:06 PM »
I have a reddot trophy in a srh 480 and so far so good.
a friend has 3-9x40 on a 270 and he seems very pleased with it.
" People should say what they mean and mean what they say. Life is too short to be lead down the wrong path."

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Bushnell Trophy
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 04:42:05 PM »
I am a Leupold guy for my Rifles, but I do like the Bushnell Trophy pistol scopes. My experience with the Bushnell Trophy pistol scopes is one on my FA 454 Casull and one on my S&W460 MAG. I have had others on different handguns and they have and still work great.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Bushnell Trophy
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 04:52:44 AM »
I have a Trophy 3-9x40 and a Banner 4-12x40AO.  I like the Banner better.  The Amber bright coating makes everthing appear as if you are wearing shooting glasses.  It's kind of weird and honestly can't see any benefit over the Banner.  The Banner is cheaper and in my opinion is the way to go.

Offline hunt127588

• Avid Poster
Bushnell Trophy
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 06:11:37 AM »
I have both the Trophy 3-9x40 and the _old_ Banner 3-9x40 (with the BDC). The Trophy is hands down a much better scope with better clarity around the edges. My old Banner has fogged up on me when I needed it most. For the money, the Trophy is a good scope.

Offline moontroll

• Avid Poster
Bushnell Trophy
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 09:50:35 PM »
I'v had one since 1989,the rectical came loose after a few years,it was mounted on a .270 win.I sent it in and they fixed it after a couple more years it did it agin.Outside of this I liked it, the optics were good and I personally liked the amber coatings.It was a 4-12x40ao.I now have an elite 3200 4-12x40ao and its a great scope.

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Bushnell Trophy
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 09:10:16 AM »
The new Bushnell Banner series is much better than the old.  The Banner use to be the bottom of the barrel for Bushnell.  Now the Sportsman models take their place.  The new Banner series is very close to the Trophy except for the Amber Bright coatings.  That is the only difference.  The Amber Bright coating  gives things a yellowish hue.  Some may like it but in my opinion it's not worth the extra $40.  You can buy a pair of shooting glasses for that or buy 10 gallons of liquid gold(gas).  Check them both out and make up your own mind.  You'll find that they are pretty close in quality and construction. :D

Offline jason280

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
Bushnell Trophy
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 02:02:52 PM »
I have been very impressed with the Trophy line of scopes.  I have owned quite a few of the 2-7x32 pistol scopes, and two of the 3-9x40 rifle scopes.  I actually have one of the 3-9's on a Remington 788, and it is a very good scope for the money.  Its just as bright (if not more so) than my Leupold Rifleman, and offers click adjustments.  In fact, I would go so far as to say the Trophy is a much better deal than the Rifleman, as you can get two of the Bushnells for the cost of one Rifleman.  

For the money, I don't think you can go wrong with a Bushnell Trophy.
"Hey Peter, check out Channel 9!!"

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Bushnell Trophy
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 06:47:33 AM »
I have a Bushnell 1.75-4x32 Trophy Scope on my H&R Ultra Slugger 12GA deer gun...Four years now and the scope never moved off of zero...I am shooting Winchester Partition Golds out of it too...Yahoo.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense