Author Topic: Bushnell "Legend"  (Read 793 times)

Offline massenrg

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell "Legend"
« on: September 25, 2005, 10:41:37 AM »
Has anyone here used the "Legend" series Bushnell scopes?

Opinions?

Offline lostsniper308

• A Real Regular
  • old beaten up Martini-Henry .303 we found.
    • My Facebook account
Bushnell "Legend"
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 05:25:14 PM »
nope but its a Bushnell so ya can't go wrong unless its a bad combo like the sportview errr low enders on a center fire rifle. A legend isn
t low but it aint their top line.
B Co. 1-22Inf 1st BCT 4th Infantry Division
OIF 08-09 out of the army now

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Bushnell "Legend"
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 06:30:55 PM »
Yup. Got a couple on rifles here. The fit between the Trophy and Elite 3200 lines. Nice scopes. If that's the price range you're looking for they are well worth the money.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Zachary

Bushnell "Legend"
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 05:08:36 AM »
Is it true that the Legends have a two-piece tube?

Zachary

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Bushnell "Legend"
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 05:27:25 AM »
Is it true that the Legends have a two-piece tube?

Yes but I've really never understood why folks make such an issue of this fact. Kinda like the friction adjustments on some Leupold scopes. Who cares? Both work just fine in the real world. To me it's a non issue.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline lostsniper308

• A Real Regular
  • old beaten up Martini-Henry .303 we found.
    • My Facebook account
Bushnell "Legend"
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 06:35:01 AM »
1pc or two makes no difference as long as its made right and bushnell makes it well.
B Co. 1-22Inf 1st BCT 4th Infantry Division
OIF 08-09 out of the army now

Offline Zachary

Bushnell "Legend"
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 05:30:06 PM »
In theory a one-piece tube is stronger.  In the real world I guess it depends on how much abuse you give the scope.  I honestly can't say from real world experience that you need a one-piece tubed scope.

The most abuse a scope of mine ever had was with a Nikon Pre-Monarch (which today is essentially a Buckmaster).  While I was hunting, my rifle slipped from my hands and slid down a step hill many feet until it eventually stopped on the side of a big bush.  While going down I'm sure it hit some rocks and other structure.  I thought that the scope was broken for sure.  Well, believe it or not, there wasn't even a nick on the scope, and  the optics were fine because I had scope covers to protect them.  I think that there were some very minor and light scratches, but nothing serious.  Still, rather than taking a chance on an animal, I just took it to a side of the hunting property where I checked the accuracy.  Guess what?  The bullets were still bull's eye!

Now...would a two-piece scope hold up just as well?  I honestly can't say.  What I can say is that I was very impressed with that scope (which happened to be a one-piece tubed scope), so I personally just buy scopes that are one piece.

I've used the Legend and they are great scopes.  Optics seem a tad bit better than even the Elite 3200, but I can't say (from real world hunting experience) that the Elite 3200 is a stronger scope than the Legend.

Zachary