Author Topic: Looking for a new scope  (Read 525 times)

Offline jerkface11

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Looking for a new scope
« on: September 30, 2005, 05:50:53 AM »
I recently aquired an 03 springfield sporter. The ancient redfield on it has seen better days and seems to have dirt on the inside. Does anyone have any suggestions for a scope that will look right on this rifle? I want a glossy finish. I don't want a large objective or target knobs or  a large power selector. And I'd like to keep the price at or below $200. Fixed power would be OK by me.

Offline Grubbs

• Contributor
Looking for a new scope
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 09:05:35 AM »
Burris FFII is all you'll ever need.

Offline safari

Looking for a new scope
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 05:59:33 PM »
The one scope that comes to mind that would look right on an 03 Springfield would be a Weaver K6, or possibly even a K4. They are simple, rugged, good optics in your price range, and a very classic looking scope. The Burris FFII is an awesome scope in your price range, and maybe a tad better optically, but for "looking right" on that old sporter  I'd put a Weaver on it.

Offline jerkface11

• Contributor
Looking for a new scope
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 02:35:42 PM »
OK guys both of those scopes fit my requirements. And both would look good on the rifle with the weaver looking better. But I forgot one qualification. I'd rather NOT have a duplex reticle. I realize I'll probably have to settle for one anyway. But if anyone knows of a scope that meets the requirements i set above and has a different reticle please let me know.