Author Topic: Add To The List  (Read 559 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
Add To The List
« on: October 08, 2005, 11:08:37 AM »
Lets add to the list other companies to boycott that, like Goodyear, don't like their customers to carry even though they may have a CCW.  I'll start with Wal-Mart, Kmart and Target just to name a few.  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Re: Add To The List
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 11:40:45 AM »
Quote from: Lawdog
Lets add to the list other companies to boycott that, like Goodyear, don't like their customers to carry even though they may have a CCW.  I'll start with Wal-Mart, Kmart and Target just to name a few.  Lawdog

Holiday Inn has joined the anti-gun movement. They don't want hunters or employees with guns in there vehicles. I got a call from the NRA today about it.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Nuttinbutchunks

• Contributor
Add To The List
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 04:17:34 PM »
Walmart? I go in there with my gun all the time. I see no signs saying I can't. :?
Ohhhh, I hate when that happens :eek:

Offline fltcrkhilbily

Add To The List
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 06:31:05 AM »
I pack in Wallyworld. As the man said there ain't no sign sayin' I can't. Leastways  not yet. Would it make a difference? Only time will tell.

Offline Lawdog

Add To The List
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 10:47:46 AM »
Quote from: Nuttinbutchunks
Walmart? I go in there with my gun all the time. I see no signs saying I can't. :?

They don't post it but if you're caught packing and you’re not a LEO, you will be asked to leave the store.  Doesn’t matter if you’re licensed to carry or not.  Wal-Mart policy.  My wife is a general store manager for Wal-Mart and I have read the store operations manual a number of times.  Lawdog
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline Nuttinbutchunks

• Contributor
Add To The List
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 11:05:35 AM »
Well, if I never have to shoot someone there, they will never know I am packing  :?
Ohhhh, I hate when that happens :eek:

Offline Dusty Miller

Add To The List
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 02:32:03 PM »
It looks like a "Don't ask, don't tell" situation.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline retrieverhunter

List
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 04:17:03 PM »
I literally just left WalMart and had no idea I was not supposed to be carrying.  Heck, THEY SELL GUNS!!!
Jeff S.

Offline rockbilly

Add To The List
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 04:59:31 PM »
:oops: JUst about every time I walk into one of the stores mentioned I have a gun in my pocket.  Matter of fact, I set the alarm off as I was leaving Wal Mart, one of the employees asked me to step aback and they looked in my bag.  I was told I could leave, as I passed through the gate again the alarm went off, I stepped back, took my permit out and showed it to the guy and he let me go.  As I passed through on the way out it went off again.

My niece is an area manager over several Wal Mart stores, I will ask her about this policy.  If true, I may have to find another place to shop.  But I will also send a letter and ask all my gun toting friends to do the same.

Offline MikeP

Add To The List
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 10:36:03 PM »
I don't believe any store has a metal detector alarm. Surely, one of the items you had didn't have its tags decoded at the checkout counter or something. It happens sometimes.