Author Topic: Watching out for Drugs  (Read 977 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Watching out for Drugs
« on: October 02, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »
A guy posted this on a other site while we were talking about hunting. He said that Meth is getting to be big problem in his area. Since this is getting to be epidemic all over the place I think it may be prudent to carry some defense loads with you or if you bow hunt a handgun ect as a lot of these characters make these labs where ever they feel safe and that includes public land and they are not afraid to protect their operation either. I have heard the same about large grass operations but they never were the problem the meth is getting to be. There should be a open season on all these druggies.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
Watching out for Drugs
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 10:29:34 PM »
jh, you gotta lookout when you stay at a motel. A lot of the meth makers are renting a room for a few days and cooking up a batch in the room, then moving on.  Seems to be a lot of this going on.

Best thing I ever saw was when a lab near where I usto live blew up. Watched a couple of 55 gal drums going into space. It also started a forest fire (small one). Besides his house blowing up, getting arrested, he had to pay for the cost of the fire suppresion. He was just pulling into his driveway with an LEO stopping him for speeding. Nice to have a cop at the right place at the right time. :D

Gun Runner

Offline rockbilly

Watching out for Drugs
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 12:49:40 PM »
:D I think walking up on a lab in the middle of the woods may get the same reaction that myself and a friend got when we walked up on a monster of a moonshine still on federal land north of Macon, GA.  

My friend wanted to get a closer look, I could smell the mash cooking and knew someone was in the area so I ran like a dog, he turned and was close on my heels.  A few days later we read that they fired on law officers when the approached the still.

Booze and dope are both big business and could get you shot, Best advice, if you walk up one either a lab, garden  plot or a still, then turn and get the heck out of there.  Most of the folks engaged in this kind of activity are a little crazy anyway.  Ain't worth dieing for.

Offline swiftman

• Avid Poster
Watching out for Drugs
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 03:37:23 PM »
You best get as far away as possible because from what I see on tv if the cops caught you any where around this  activety they will arrest you to and takeyour fire arms and truck or car and you have to prove you are innocent not he other way around. And hope it does't cost more than your stuff is worth to get it back. Case in point. The cops stopped a man north of the border several years ago with $10000 and a two ton truck. He said he was going to mexico to buy plants for his nursery. They took his truck and the $10000 and he finally got his truck and a little of his money back but cost him plenty. He had not broken any laws except the one that that state made up so they could take money and truck.  If you watch cops on tv  the first thiing they ask you if you are stopped for drugs or vice is if you own the car and is it paid for.   Are they trying to stop crime or make money?   The money that is made from taking  crooks cars and homes should go to take care of these peoples kids not to the cops.

Offline rockbilly

Watching out for Drugs
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 04:27:23 PM »
:roll: As much as I hate to say it, I think this took place in Texas.  Many counties have what is called a "Drug Task force",  in my opinion they overstep their boundaries on occasion.  There also has to be a rather harsh (stupid) DA and judge to enforce the law and take a man's money and vehicle when he has done nothing.  But right or wrong it cost a lot to defend one's self.

I have read many harrow stories where houses were broken into by drug agents, the occupants roughed up and their house destroyed on a false tip that drugs were there.  Then they walk away saying we had the wrong address or bad information from an informant.

And when it happens there is not a lot you can do about it.  I support strict law enforcement, but when mistakes like these are made the officers should be held accountable.

Offline swiftman

• Avid Poster
Watching out for Drugs
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 05:56:15 PM »
Hi rockbilly
I live in east central Ill . The closest big city is Indy , about 90 miles east of here. I  grew up about 7 miles from  any  town, so freedom from those that  would take whats is yours does not sit well, wether they be crooks or cops.  My dad always said that if he ever caught anyone steeling on his place they would be buried in the back forty in his car if he had one did not need the police. It never got put to the test thankfully.   My dad was from the old shcool though. Kind of like the  no trespassing sign saying I have a shovel and a 45, I doubt anyone will miss you.  There are places south of here that are probably still living by this  code.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Watching out for Drugs
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 04:16:01 PM »
Swiftman is correct...I saw that same documentary on TV several years ago.
  The only thing that gave the lawman any idea that the man was into drugs was because the man was carrying $10K in cash !

Hey, I've carried more than that in times past and completely legal...shucks, I don't even smoke or use alcohol !
   Gives you the chills to think the law may come down on a decent citizen just because he's carrying a decent roll of cash !

The only thing I can add to the incident of coming upon a lab or pot field is not just to get out pronto.. but also to inform authorities as to where you came upon such a thing...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline swiftman

• Avid Poster
meth
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 04:37:26 PM »
These guys must be nuts to play aroundwith the stuff they use to make meth with. I have put anhydrous  in the ground for our corn, and any one who can put this stuff in a bucket or what ever they use must be nuts. This is will almost curl your hair from 20yds  by just getting a good wiff when you raise the aplicator out of the ground. We have the fertilizer comp put ours on for use now since the meth makers will steel any they can get their hands on. I read one in a farm mag that they found a newer SUV parked next to a anhydrous tank at a fertilizer dealer there was a cellphone laying in the suv with sime other stuff. there was a cordless drill under the tank where the thief apparintly had drilled a hole in the bottomof the tank and apparently and gotten to much of what he had trying to get. He was no where to be found. Also my brother in on the fire department south of here they found a place along the road where someone had stollen some anhydous in a plastc bucket. They had aparntlly had hit the frozen bucket on the edge of their tall gate or trunk and shatted it. There was a sweat shirt laying in the ditch that was still to soaked in anhydrous that they still could not pick it up when they got there. I wonder what that gut looked like after that treatment.
If you find them making meth. and you have a hipower you could always put a highspeed  bullet though their andhydous container if there were no kids around, they would have plenty to worry about then with out worring about you.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Watching out for Drugs
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 11:52:35 PM »
Swiftman;
   I live in farm country and have worked construction on farms (building silos) in recent decades....but I have not had anything to do with anhydrous ammonia, other than hear the farmers speak of it's use on corn etc., so here's a couple stupid questions...

What is likely to happen to someone like the crook that " lost his shirt" while stealing some ?

What is likely to be the result of a high poewer slug through their tank holding the stuff ?

I understand that ammonium nitrate fertilizer is was used in OK city...any relationship to anhydrous ammonia ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline swiftman

• Avid Poster
Watching out for Drugs
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 03:55:03 PM »
Well as far as the guy who spilled it on him it would be just like a burn . Also will blind you and damage or destroy  your lungs if enough gets into either one of these ..  As far as shooting acontainer of it it would be like shooting the same kind of contianer full of water if it was full only with bad results those  who get s face full of it. They always kept a tire intertube with water in it on the anhidrous tanks in case yougot a face full of it , but the only problem would be finding it after you got a face full of it because you would not be able to see if you got in your eyes an  if there is any gas in the air you won't be able to breath either.  If you were ever around it you would only need a wiff to know  that it is bad news becuase  it will take your breath away.

Offline swiftman

• Avid Poster
Ironglow
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 04:16:02 PM »
so far as the ammonia nitrate goes it is a is used in farming for the basiclly same use ,but it is a differnt animal because if the nitrate. Nitrate I believe is related to the N in TNT. I have not studied chemistry for 30 years so I don't rember for sure, But I believe that is right. They use  alot of it in mining operations for blasting , but I think most of them mix it  when they are poring it in the holes or buy it mixed in bags. I saw the Myth Busters show one night and they put 800 lbs of 40 or 50 lb bags of  a ammonia nritrate explosive mix in a cement mixer to see if it would break up the concrete stuck in it They put it in the bottom of a open pit mine and set it of with very impressive results. All that was left were the axles and wheels. It even blew the engine apart.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Watching out for Drugs
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 03:30:17 AM »
I love that show.  Those guys take things to the extreme.  For example if the myth they are trying to debunk is something like:

"If you eat a package of 'pop-rocks' candy and drink a can of Dr. Pepper your gut will explode."

After they prove this to be false the will try it using 5 lbs of 'Pop-Rocks'  and a 55 gal. drum of Dr. Pepper?" :eek:  :-D
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC