Author Topic: Kassner Scopes  (Read 3802 times)

Offline BoarHunter97

• Trade Count: (0)
Kassner Scopes
« on: January 22, 2003, 04:05:27 PM »
Anybody know anyting about them.
I just picked one up cheap and it looks bright and clear.
It's a 3 - 9 x 40
Thanks
Jim :?

Offline Zachary

Kassner Scopes
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 04:16:37 AM »
Unfortunately, I have never heard anything about these scopes.  How old is it?

Zachary

Offline BoarHunter97

Kassnar Scope
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 01:02:19 PM »
Zachery
I don't know how old it is. I picked it up for $10.00
It is all metal and made in Japan.
Thanks
Jim

Offline Zachary

Kassner Scopes
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 04:12:53 PM »
$10 ?  

I know that I push for quality optics, which generally are relatively expensive.  Granted, there is a point of diminishing returns - a $1,500 zeiss is not 3 times better than a $500 Elite 4200 or Nikon Monarch.  But I think that new, good, solid, quality variable scopes generally START at about $200, and there really is no need to spend more than $600.

However, as a Moderator, I realize that sometimes people can't, or just really don't want to, spend that kind of money.  As such, I try to aquaint myself with the lower priced scopes so that I can at least provide some guidance to economy minded hunters.  Meaning the $150 scope bunch.  Below that, I really can't, in good conscious and experience, recommend scopes under $100.

Now, that $10 scope you're talking about.  Maybe it was a $1,000 scope new and someone doesn't know its value and is selling it for $10.  OR, maybe it was $10 new and he is selling it for the same price.

I really don't know what to tell you other than chances are that you are going to have problems with that scope.  Then again, for $10, you really have little to lose - other than perhaps time, ammo, and range fees.

Zachary

Offline Kent Harshman

Kassner Scopes
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2003, 07:27:55 AM »
I BELIEVE they're some kind of European manufacturer...possibly no longer in production, but I'm not sure.  I do remember hearing about them in the past.  See the following link for a reference to them...

http://www.f.t.shooter.btinternet.co.uk/euro/europe.html

Kent Harshman

Offline BoarHunter97

Kassner Scopes
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2003, 03:33:43 AM »
Thanks Kent

Jim

Offline teeball

$10.00 Scope
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2003, 09:16:43 PM »
Jim,
I got one of these about 25 years ago in a straight 4X and it has never left the gun I put it on. Granted, I use mine on a .22lr lever action rifle, but, the optics are still clear and it still work as well today as it did then. I'm glad to see the prices haven't gone up since then. I paid $10.00 for mine too. Mine ha the European style post and crosshair. The old gunshop owner I got mine from told me that these scopes were a middle of the road scope that worked well on lighter recoiling guns. He said he didn't think he would put it on a 7mm mag, but for $10.00 it sure has put alot of small critters down over the last quarter century. :)  :D

Offline BoarHunter97

Kassner Scopes
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2003, 02:05:43 AM »
Thanks for the info teeball.
I think I will put it on my Winchester 22 semi-auto.
Got one of them little tiny B-B gun scopes on it anyway.
Jim

Offline Bulltoad

Kassner Scopes
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 06:05:24 AM »
I've got a Kassnar 3X9  I bought  about 1970, price was in the $50to$70 range if I remember right, still got it,still clear, havn't seen one in years other than mine, didn't see many of them back then.

Offline wild willy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Kassner Scopes
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 01:21:21 PM »
kassnar was the importer imported guns too I have a couple 4x work ok but I checked them in warm water bubble pretty good