Author Topic: Looking for cast bullet loads for T/C Contender 10",7mm  (Read 743 times)

Offline gar hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Looking for cast bullet loads for T/C Contender 10",7mm
« on: October 12, 2005, 03:49:22 AM »
Anyone have a good starting load for cast bullets in a 7mmTCU.

Thanks

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
Looking for cast bullet loads for T/C Conte
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 02:16:16 PM »
Since the speeds are slow enough that a full load is still in the range of cast bullet use, just use whatever you like. I've been shooting 15.0gr. IMR 4759 under a 145 gr. RCBS SIL with good results recently. It works well with 3031 and 4895 as well. Pretty much any fast to medium burning stick powder gives good results.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 04:58:29 AM »
Just a note.  I was using 168 gr 'Billy Bullets' in my 7TCU, and they were really nice, so I bought a 7-30 Waters Carbine thinking haw nice they would be with the extra power.  But they did not work well in the 7-30.  The TCU has a really long throat...but the 7-30 does not...Go figure.  I can make the big bullets work in it but they have to be reduced loads due to needing to seat the long bullets deeper than the shoulder. I bet those 145's Nobade suggested would fit just fine though.  I will have to try them if I ever get done with all of my 'other' experiments.  Ha Ha.....too many new toys this year, and not enough shooting I guess.  Love will do that.  But she is gone, so it is time to get back on it.
....make it count

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 04:28:29 PM »
They probably would work fine single shot, but the best setup for the Waters is a bullet designed just for it. Not sure if Lyman has one, but SAECO does for sure. It looks like a 30-30 bullet with a long body and short nose. They will feed properly through leverguns. Of course if you're talking Contenders then the bore riders like that 145 SIL and the SAECO versions in 145 and 160 work great.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline jcunclejoe

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 12:12:27 PM »
Hey, gar hunter
Try this site below. It is for the IHMSA silhouette crowd and they will give you a ton of loads for cast bullets.

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=388847

Good luck.
Joe