Author Topic: New SA Stampede  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Papa Bear

• Trade Count: (0)
New SA Stampede
« on: April 07, 2003, 02:07:10 PM »
Hi All,  :D
      Has anyone purchaced, seen or handled the new Beretta SA Stampede. I know that it is being made by Umberti, which is now part of Beretta. All info. is welcome.
                    Thanks   :grin:
Don't let the Liberal Politicians divide the Hunters & Target shooters. They want all our Guns.

Offline Billstick

New SA Stampede
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 03:47:07 AM »
Theres info on their web site , you have to down load their catalog MSRP Std. $465 , brushed nickel $498 , Deluxe $622  www.berettausa.com

Billstick

Offline Papa Bear

New SA Stampede
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 10:54:21 AM »
[/b]Thanks for the come back Billstick. I had info. on the prices, I was wondering if anyone has seen one? Are they at the dealers yet, if so has anyone been able to handle one?
I am wondering about strength and quality, are they worth the price?
Thanks again.  :-)

Offline Billstick

New SA Stampede
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 01:44:23 PM »
PB : I think they are suppose to be starting to ship this month , would like to see them myself. Looking at them for cowboy shooting , Got to start
another hobby in my post mid-life  :grin:

Billstick

Offline Papa Bear

New SA Stampede
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 02:03:24 PM »
Hey Billstick,
    I hear yea,  REMEMBER THE ONE WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS
                   :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline LCSNM

Re: New SA Stampede
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 05:52:32 PM »
Quote from: Papa Bear
Hi All,  :D
      Has anyone purchaced, seen or handled the new Beretta SA Stampede. I know that it is being made by Umberti, which is now part of Beretta. All info. is welcome.
                    Thanks   :grin:
Don't let the Liberal Politicians divide the Hunters & Target shooters. They want all our Guns.

Purchased the Stampede .45LC last week in Albuquerque. $418.00, on impulse. I have on order a Stampede .357  .  Both are the 4-3/4 barrels.

I was originally looking for a Ruger .357 Vaquero, but after handling it in the store, it was too big for my hand.  The Stampede fit like a glove. From my research over the past week, it has all the safety features of the Ruger, transfer bar, etc.  But from what I have read, Colt clones should not use other than factory loads.  Whereas the Ruger, built like a tank, can take them.  I was assured (?) by the owner that a .45LC 225 gr factory load would bring a black bear down in an emergency.  Anybody want to agree with that?  I'm sure all the big bore enthusiasts will disagree.

Haven't had a chance to fire it yet, and haven't seen any black bears :-D

I really like the Stampede.

Offline Papa Bear

New SA Stampede
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 09:37:42 PM »
Hi  LCSNM,  :-)

Thanks for the come back, this Post has been around for awhile. I am happy to finally get a reply. I personally don't know anyone else who has the Beretta Stampede. I have seen some of Umberti's SA Colt clones, But was wondering if since Beretta has taken them over, how fit, finish, and strength is. I do agree that the Rugers are built stronger, and will handle a more powerful load other than a standard factory load. I belive that anyone who is intending to hunt large game with a Colt type SA should not consider a firearm that is not able to handle more powerful loads and also have Adjustable sights. Thats my opinion.
Some health problems have put me on the side for a while, (no new guns or range time ) but I still get to read about the things I enjoy.
        Have a great time with your Stampede, and let us know how it shoots  :D

Offline LCSNM

New SA Stampede
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 04:43:52 AM »
I have read some interesting reviews, Papa Bear.  I'll see if I can dig them back up and post the links, sometime today.

Offline Papa Bear

New SA Stampede
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2003, 05:56:03 AM »
Hi LCSNM,[/b]
Thanks for listing thoes links.  I will certainly add them to my reading list.

Offline Papa Bear

New SA Stampede
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2003, 05:58:13 AM »
Hi LCSNM,[/b]
Thanks for listing thoes links.  I will certainly add them to my reading list.

Offline LCSNM

New SA Stampede
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2003, 06:26:07 AM »
Think I forgot this one:  This guy is really excited!

http://www.berettaforum.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=004960

Our discussion must have jammed the sixgunner forum.  I can't get back in.  

The Stampede is my first SA.  I have semi-autos, and DA.  Don't think I want to get into CAS, as yet, but have ordered a rig from San Pedro Saddelry and got a Catalog from El Paso Saddelry. Both seem to be real nice folks. EP Sadelry is having problems with their web site. Hope they get it fixed .....

I'm a retired USAF SMSgt, and now a full time parental caregiver with Alzheimers, depression, you name it.  Don't give me much time for shooting, but I am getting prepared, for that day.

Offline Chris B.

New SA Stampede
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2004, 03:39:26 PM »
TTT! Anymore good info?
God, Guns and Guts....the 3 G's that made America! God Bless it!