Author Topic: Supreme Court appointments....  (Read 1915 times)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Supreme Court appointments....
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2005, 05:22:42 AM »
Well all right; it begins again.  It looks like Dubya has thrown another little curve ball at the liberals.  By selecting this lady as his next Supreme Court nominee, I think the libs might have to scramble to come up with their sure to be, demented opposition to her.  Right out of the gate it seems that the usual suspects (Schumer et al) are going bite their tongues--at least for a while.

Does anyone know how the lady views the Second Amendment?
Swingem

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2005, 05:44:21 AM »
Gooch,some other problems they have--Executive privalige as the Presidents council-and a never married female as was Janet yes they got a great curve ball inside.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2005, 10:37:03 PM »
Wow!...It's a curve ball for many of us too !
   I can only hope the Prez lives up to his word of only appointing "strict constructionists" to the high court.
   I am Conservative in this way.. 75% cultural , 25% fiscal...
  I am not truly pleased with the way "W" has treated "fiscal" conservatives.
We can only hope that he will at least do better with the cultural conservatives...
  Vice Pres talked to Rush yesterday, although he did not cite specifics (and I wouldn't expect him to), he told Rush that she is a strict constructionist...
   Of course, Souter was supposed to be one also..

I guess what bothered me most was when " Dingy Harry " Reed said he "liked" her...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2005, 04:20:19 AM »
I'm not worried about what Harry Reid thinks; actually I'm not sure he does think.  I do wonder though if he might have some carnal thoughts about Ms. Myers.
Swingem

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2005, 06:54:34 AM »
Harriet Miers, President Bush's nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court to replace Sandra Day O'Connor, is on record as supporting the establishment of the International Criminal Court, homosexual adoptions, a major tax increase and women in combat.

As White House counsel, Ms. Miers approved of the Department of Defense's illegal assignments of women in units required to be all-male, which is still continuing in violation of the law requiring notice to Congress in advance.  The actions of Miers could lead directly to a future court ruling requiring women to register with the Selective Service for the draft because they are now being assigned to land combat.

Miers approved the Bush administrations retention of President Clinton's "don't ask, don't tell" regulations.

Miers has stated that taxpayers have a responsibility to pay for AIDS education and patient services. And she courted the support of the Lesbian/Gay Coalition of Dallas in her successful 1989 campaign running for a place on the city council.

Miers was a contributor to both the Bentsen and Gore presidential campaigns.

Contratulations to all of you conservative republican Bush-bots.  Your boy has nominated a gay-favoring ultra-liberal feminist to sit on the bench at the Supreme Court.

:D
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005, 07:34:48 AM »
Excellent Gooch" I do wonder though if he might have some carnal thoughts about Ms. Myers."though Dingy would not be interested in females.This choice when you think about it is just about perfect.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2005, 04:24:08 PM »
Do you suppose old "dingy Harry " can even conjure up any CARNAL thoughts ? ...LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2005, 04:49:50 AM »
If the items that Fwed listed represent Miers real beliefs, then maybe the Republicans should reject her.  I'm inclined to give Dubya the benefit of the doubt, but I'd sure feel betrayed if we end up with another liberal on the court.
Swingem

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2005, 04:57:44 AM »
I think she is a Reagan convert and will be accepted as a Trojan Horse by the Liberals.

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2005, 05:36:14 AM »
A Reagan convert?

She campaigned for and contributed to both the Bentsen and the Gore senate and presidential campaigns.

She suddenly became pro-life after she found her path to power through GW Bush, she was born-again and he's taking her to the promised land.

She's holding her tounge until she is actually wearing a black robe, but once she's on the bench, she'll be swappin' spit with Ginsburg.

She is a liberal in neocon clothing.

If she sits on the court, you'll see gay marriage become a "right".  Count on it.

They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2005, 12:16:07 PM »
If the items that Fwed listed represent Miers real beliefs, then maybe the Republicans should reject her. I'm inclined to give Dubya the benefit of the doubt, but I'd sure feel betrayed if we end up with another liberal on the court.

They're not, some of them are gross distortions and some are complete falsehoods.  Go figure.

The homosexual adoptions is the real riot.  She's on the riot as opposing the ruling in Brown v Texas even when it was obvious the way the court was going to rule she still supported the law outlawing gay sex.  Nevermind the facts though... just keep spreading half-truths and panic.

The truth is that there is a very limited public record on her.  I'd withhold my judgement until a more complete record has been discovered.  The next few weeks will be very telling I suspect.

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2005, 03:32:08 AM »
Harriet Miers contributed to Hillary Clinton's New York senate campaign in 2000.

Federal Election Commission reports show that between Feb and May 2000, she contributed $415 and her law-firm's PAC contributed $1000 to Hillary Rodham Clinton's Senate Campaign Committee.

FEC records also show a $500 contribution on Feb. 15, 2000 by the Locke Liddell PAC (a political-action commitee representing her law-firm, of which she was managing partner) to Democrat Nicholas Lampson, who ran unsuccessfully against Tom DeLay. No Locke Liddell contributions to Congressman DeLay appear in the FEC records.

Harriet Miers claims that she switched from Democrat to Republican, and that she voted for Ronald Reagan.  FEC records also indicate that she made substantial campaign contributions to Al Gore and Bill Clinton in the 1990s.

This woman is not a conservative, and will not serve Republican or Conservative interests.

Offline ShadowMover

• Contributor
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2005, 08:54:01 AM »
What our founding fathers thought of this type of appointment:
http://www.ucomics.com/patoliphant/2005/10/17/