Author Topic: Montana Muley  (Read 607 times)

Offline NONYA

• Trade Count: (0)
Montana Muley
« on: October 24, 2005, 04:28:22 PM »
Took my buddy out to our place this evening to find him a deer,he was looking for a piece of meat but I made him hold out for a decent buck,we dont shoot 2 points off our place.We saw about 25 -30 bucks in the 4 hours we hunted and he ended up taking this buck at about 75 yards,he was already showing rutting behavior,moving does and walking with his nose stuck up in the air.We saw 2 REAL nice bucks but they were a little wiser and moved out before we got a shot at them.I dont even take my buck tag out of the house until the third week of the season,otherwise Ill take a buck and then regret it when the rut kicks in and I have to watch bigger bucks walk,I filled 2 of my doe tags yesterday so I got that out of my system and now I can get serious about finding a trophy.Prior to tonight his biggest buck was a decent 3x3 and this is his first trophy class deer.CONGRATS!!He will be registering to this forum tomorow and getting my guiding bill the next day....LOL
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Montana Muley
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 05:46:53 PM »
I'd be mighty pleased to have taken one like that. In fact on my only mule deer hunt one very close to that size, maybe a wee bit bigger, was headed my way.

But....the fellow I traveled from Bama to CO with who had already filled his ONLY tag managed to get between me and him. He fired at it several times on the run after missing the first shot I suppose. The buck was later found laying on the side of the road with a real bad headache. It was shot by a road hunter. The buck was missing two tines from the rack. That's what the fellow traveling with me shot rather than the deer.

Needless to say I no longer associate with that person.

I passed on the only buck I had a chance at as just not being what I'd driven to CO for.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline NONYA

• Trade Count: (0)
Montana Muley
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 06:03:58 PM »
I was hunting with a guy one day ,he took a very long shot at a running buck and droped him in his tracks,he went down to gut the deer and I kept walkin,1/2 hour later he catches up to me and hands ne half an antler.He had hit the bucks horn and knocked him out cold,as he was approaching the deer he jumped off and took of at light speed,he stood there in shock and let him run off,he noticed he was missing a horn and found it on the ground where he fell.He still has that horn it his living room and we laugh about it every time someone asks wth is this?
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm