Author Topic: KAHR  (Read 765 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
KAHR
« on: March 18, 2006, 01:04:48 AM »
I have had the opportunity to see a small Kahr in 9MM. It felt good and was about as small as the Walther I carry in my pocket.
Price was right, less than $600.
My friend carries it in his pocket.
Thinking about it.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
KAHR
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 04:14:29 AM »
I personally do not like DAO models which lack a repeat striker capability and which have an internal striker with no external hammer such as the Glocks and the Kahrs. I prefer DAO models like the SIG and Beretta (and the Rohrbaughs on the small end) which have a concealed hammer and repeat striker capability.

That said, I did own the Kahr MK9 and it was an excellent shooter -- both accurate & reliable and ate everything I fed it and was built like a tank ... the size of a PPK. The only reason why I don't own it is because of the PERSONAL reasons that I mentioned in the above paragraph.

I traded it in and got myself a Colt Pocket Nine ...

... also the size of a PPK but with an external (but concealed) hammer and a repeat striker capability. If you don't have the issues that I have in the first paragraph, get a Kahr! If you do have those issues, try to get your hands on a Colt Pocket Nine. :wink:
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Offline williamlayton

KAHR
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 05:29:20 AM »
What was the cost of the pocket nine?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Ka6otm

• Avid Poster
KAHR
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 05:36:39 AM »
I've been carrying a Kahr PM9 in a Kramer pocket holster for around 8 months or so now.  It's 6 + 1 with the smaller magazine and I carry the spage magazine with 7 in another pocket.

Came with the night sights from the factory, which I like a lot.

Cost was $590 new.  A little pricey, but it's worth it to me.

Ka6otm

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
KAHR
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 07:07:42 AM »
Quote from: williamlayton
What was the cost of the pocket nine?
Blessings
Pocket Nine's are costly. They were produced for only one year back in 1999 so inventory is very limited but New-In-Box models and Almost-New-In-Box models can still be found. NIB models can run as high as $800 and almost NIB models go for about $600. Three of the below four were added to my collection with the past 12 months and two of those three were NIB (the third one was near NIB) and the fourth one was purchased NIB  a few years ago ...

... And, before anyone asks, none of them are for sale at the present time but I did see two on sales at GunsAmerica.com a couple of weeks ago and from time to time they pop up on Gunbroker.com.

Just to clarify, the Kahr is a better shooter -- I just have "issues" with the items that I mentioned earlier and prefer the Pocket Nine design even though it's more picky about the type of ammo you have to feed it (feed it right, and the Pocket Nine works flawlessly as well -- feed the Kahr ANYTHING and it will function flawlessly).

EDITTED TO ADD:

I found two Colt Pocket Nine's for sales:
  • Here's a NIB one going for $795

and

• Here's one in 98% going for $750[/list:u] The price is a bit high but realistiicly speaking, the gun was made for only one year and with the inventory drying up and the demand either staying the same or increasing, prices are going to go up. The good part is that the gun was a sleeper, so NIB models and near-NIB models can still be found.

Honestly speaking, if funds weren't short on my end I would get one or both of them and add them to my collection. Unfortunately, I lost my two main accounts, which account for about 75% of my income, at the beginning of the year. One guy merged with another firm which already has a computer staff so my services to him are no longer needed and the other guy died and his wife liquidated the business. So money is a bit tight for me right now but if it wasn't, I would be adding them to my collection.

Disclaimer : I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not RECOMMENDING these two sellers. I do not know them from a hole in the wall. They could be perfectly honest business men or they could be frauds looking to rip people off. I don't know one way or the other. If doing business with them, use common sense and treat them as you would any stranger.
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Offline williamlayton

KAHR
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 01:57:45 AM »
Good information here. I appreciate the time and the replys.
The Kahr felt as good as the Walther and I like the Wather a lot. I have no doubt that the Colt would feel as good.
I dunno, we will see.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD