Author Topic: I'm Trailer Trash & Proud Of It!!  (Read 944 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
I'm Trailer Trash & Proud Of It!!
« on: October 18, 2005, 02:08:44 PM »
Well, something had to make it "official."  I was unemployed for almost a year, and I finally got a decent job.  I get my first pay check, and on the way home from the local 7-11, I spot a 60" big screen TV on the sidewalk.  I start thinking, "Superbowl" and stop to get the price.  The guy only wants $200 for it.  I ask if he'll take payments.  He say, "Yep."  Now I gots me a TV that's almost as big as my livin' room.  My next step is to stop mowing my lawn for year.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 05:25:30 PM »
For added effect, put your mower up on blocks and let the grass grow up around it.

...And tie a dog to it.

:)
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline jhm

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 02:38:49 AM »
BamBam :  Somewhere in you post I see a little realism :eek:   JIM

Offline bigjohn

Good News for You!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 02:55:01 AM »
Wal-Mart announced that they will soon be offering customers a new Discount item Wal-Mart's own brand of wine.

The world's largest retail chain has teamed up with E&J Gallo Winery of California to produce the spirits at an affordable price, in the $2-5 range.  Wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to throw a bottle of Wal-Mart brand into their shopping carts, but "there is a market for cheap wine," said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing.  She said, "But the right name is important."

Customer surveys were conducted to determine the most attractive name for the Wal-Mart brand.  The top surveyed names in order of popularity are :

10.  Chateau Traileur Parc
9.  White Trashfindel
8.  Big Red Gulp
7.  World Championship Riesling
6.  NASCARbernet
5.  Chef Boyardeaux
4.  Peanut Noir
3.  I Can't Believe It's Not Vinegar!
2.  Grape Expectations

And the number 1 name for Wal-Mart Wine

1.  Nasti Spumante

The beauty of Wal-Mart wine is that it can be served with either white meat (possum) or red meat (squirrel).

Offline Qtip

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 09:46:08 AM »
bigjohn,

I'm sitting here laughing my ass off at your post! Right next to the Wal-Mart in our area is the county's trashiest trailer park!!! When I was a Dep. Sheriff we, the Staties, and the local cops were always there for domestics, complaints, drugs, assaults, etc. What a hole. It's exactly the reason for the name "trailer trash". On the other side of town though there is one that is absolutely gorgeous and we never went there.

What has one hundred legs and 12 teeth??

The first fifty customers of the day at Wal-mart!!!!

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

Offline NONYA

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 10:12:52 AM »
You guys ever driven past that trailer park in Reno?Largest in the world it is unbelievable,it goes on FOREver!
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline Shorty

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 02:05:32 PM »
Some people like to say they're "proud but poor".
Others seem to say they're "proud of being poor".

Offline Swamp Fox

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 08:51:52 PM »
Rember, if your baby isn't drooling out of bothe sides of it's mouth you need to level the trailer.
"We may not imagine how our lives could be more frustrating and complex—but Congress can." —Cullen Hightower

Offline BamBams

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 06:16:48 PM »
Well, I really don't live in a trailer yet, but that might happen if I don't pass some tests on my new job week!  Say a prayer for me.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 03:22:15 AM »
You will do fine on the test.
I think the thought of living in a trailer is not a distasteful thought, living in a trailer park (of the kind I find most often in our area) is a nightmare more than a distasteful thought.
I have looked at some of the manufactured homes--trailers, whether double or single--and liked some of them real good.
God does seem to have some amount of disdain for them from time to time though.
In your part of the world I could see one being a real good choice if  the proper location could be found. Living on the side of a mountain would sure eliminate the mowing.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Swamp Fox

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005, 09:34:20 AM »
I'm  living in a trailer now. 2040 sq. ft. 5 bedrooms, 3 full baths on 10 acres. Much nicer set up than many houses.
"We may not imagine how our lives could be more frustrating and complex—but Congress can." —Cullen Hightower