Author Topic: Report on the Wanenmacher Tulsa Gun Show of last weekend.  (Read 673 times)

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Report on the Wanenmacher Tulsa Gun Show of last weekend.
« on: October 28, 2005, 02:28:08 PM »
I had a table at the BIG Wanenmacher Tulsa Gun Show last weekend (Oct 22nd and 23).  I had about four tables of stuff but rented only one table and that cost me $100 just for the table.  Add about $200 for fuel and $200 for two nights in a motel (slept in the back of the pick up for two other nights and about froze my a-- off).  I guess I made enough to pay for the table.  Didn't get too much of an opportunity to scout around the entire show (3,800 tables) but did see the display of cannon and mortars at the Wild Import table also those at the Kansas Cannon Works.  Both of these folks are listed in our resource listing.  Neither had anything that I HAD to own so kept looking.  Saw a lot of small grossly over priced scale cannon that didn't even tempt me.  I did see a full size Lyle gun made entirely of brass and it was good looking and functional yet.  Only parts other than brass were the iron wheels.  Guy was asking $1,500 for it and perhaps a real bargain for an authentic Lyle.  I had already shot my wad on the expenses of the trip so I merely got to admire that gun.  I had a empty Goex FG powder can in my hind pocket just in the event I spotted something worth photographing but didn't need it.  Anyone interested in guns (modern, antique and collectables), shooting sports, ammo, knives, cannon, mortar and black powder stuff should plan to attend the one coming up on the 1st and 2nd of next April 06.  It's worth the trip especially if fuel prices continue to drop.  Although it was costly as all get out, I'll be at my table next April.  So, do plan to attend and stop by and sit a spell with me to chat and rest from all the walking.  Any questions about this and future Wanenmacher shows, don't hesitate to ask.  And, Stuffy can back me up on the size of these shows.
Blaster (Bob in So. CO)
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Report on the Wanenmacher Tulsa Gun Show of
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 05:26:58 PM »
and I'm going to a show this weekend with about 200 tables!  No comparison!
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline jeeper1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 06:25:06 PM »
I don't think I can make the tulsa show, 2100 miles one way is a bit much.
I may not be completely sane, but at least I don't think I have the power to influence the weather.

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 07:14:21 AM »
Quote from: Cat Whisperer
and I'm going to a show this weekend with about 200 tables!  No comparison!

Yeah C.W. but you'll probably find more bargains than I did.  Blaster

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 07:18:17 AM »
Quote from: jeeper1
I don't think I can make the tulsa show, 2100 miles one way is a bit much.

jeeper1 you are right, 2100 miles ONE WAY is a bit.  And it'd most likely take a little more than one tank of fuel.  :wink:  I guess it'd be cheaper to fly nowadays. :cry:
Blaster (Bob in So. CO)

Offline jeeper1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 08:58:01 AM »
I guess it'd be cheaper to fly nowadays.

not much cheaper, probably. 2100 miles is about 120 gallon of #2.
I may not be completely sane, but at least I don't think I have the power to influence the weather.

Offline Stuffy25thIA

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 10:28:40 AM »
Yep, she's a big one alright, almost to big.  Just don't spend the time looking thru the small piles of stuff, you just know the deal of a life time is in the next row, and some guy is getting ready to pull out his stach and buy it before you get to even see it.  I like the 500 tables shows the best, but then wouldn't get to meet people like Blaster would I.  Hope you can make one of the Des Moines shows somewtime Blaster, their good one's.
First liar doesn't stand a chance!

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 02:17:19 PM »
Quote from: Stuffy25thIA
Yep, she's a big one alright, almost to big.  Just don't spend the time looking thru the small piles of stuff, you just know the deal of a life time is in the next row, and some guy is getting ready to pull out his stach and buy it before you get to even see it.  I like the 500 tables shows the best, but then wouldn't get to meet people like Blaster would I.  Hope you can make one of the Des Moines shows somewtime Blaster, their good one's.

Yeah Stuffy, I have attended the Des Moines show once a few years ago and I was very impressed with the variety and amount of stuff they had there.  I'd certainly like to get to another one.  I'll have to kinda plan one of our Illinois trips to coincide with the DM show.  And you already know, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for that the black powder item that you have.  I will be patient!
Blaster (Bob in So. CO)